Tango is Easy - Easily Moving Together
- Artist Name:
- Song Title:
- Album Title:
- Picada Pa' Cinco
- Artist Website:
From the artist's website: Lunfardia's members hail from Ireland and Argentina and perform a vibrant mix of new compositions and traditional song and dance music from Latin American countries. This fresh, dynamic and highly versatile quintet explores the classical, folk and jazz backgrounds of its musicians in exhilarating and virtuosic arrangements always building on the rhythms of South America.
- Let’s pretend we live in a mystical world
where tango is easy.
- And in this mystical world,
we don’t worry too much about the details.
- Followers, if you get asked to do something
you don’t usually do...
- ..go where you don’t usually go,
don’t worry about it.
- If he pulls you straight into him,
just go straight into him.
- If he gets knocked over,
it’s his own fault.
- So I’m just giving her a pull in some direction.
- I’m not really worried.
I’m just pulling and she’s going
- So there are a couple things that let us,
- ..not worry too much but move,
together, when we move.
- Do you want to talk about them?
- So one thing for the leaders is to make sure
whatever the points of contact are...
- If I want her to go back at every point of contact,
it moves this way.
- And for me,
I have to hold pretty strongly...
- ..so that he can use my arms
to move my body.
- Right and for her,
she’s not letting her arms move.
- So if I say, "Go back,"
and I do this...
- Nothing happens.
- Not the desired result.
- And that’s because I gave here.
- Likewise, any direction,
if I wanted her to move towards me...
- ..with every point of contact,
wherever it is, I can pull in.
- And it’s either through my upper body or
when I step.
- So then you just give pressure
and she goes in that direction.
- And for the guys, then, you can do basically
whatever you want...
- ..while you give her this pressure.
- It’s such a wonderful - you know.
- I almost want to say wonderfully easy thing,
although maybe that’s too strong.
- Well, it’s easy if you have a
solid connection between your arms...
- ..and we talked about this in other videos.
- Your arms and your core,
and then you can connect your arms to his...
- ..and then both of you can use them.
- And then it becomes easy because
it doesn’t matter which way he moves.
- Moves some way.
- And notice for the followers,
that with her left hand, she’s holding on.
- And that keeps us really together.
- Her right hand rather.