Take 3 - Freno Essence
- Artist Name:
- Zully Goldfarb
- Song Title:
- Ales Farloirn
- Album Title:
- De Donde Viene Mi Voz
- Artist Website:
Complex tangos sung in both spanish and yiddish with great authenticity.From artist's website about one album: Tells the story of piringundines, from German cabaret to the Buenos Aires tango venue, and with the tango it will take us through a history of crossed destinies, and misunderstandings, love, and forget that we identifys as Argentinians.
- I think, for me, the essence of freno is about
a change of power,...
- ...because it's the one normal place
where the decision of when to move…
- ..shifts to the woman.
- And the woman is really doing the deciding
about, also, what she’s going to do in the move.
- And for me, it’s about going in some sense...
- ..facing a little bit less to facing more,…
- ..about the returning even more to your partner.
- N: That’s an interesting concept.
D: Only sort of went away.
- That’s really interesting because
almost always, when we’re in a freno,…
- ..we’re going from some place away
and then we’re moving into the greater contact.
- And there’s contact in the upper body here...
- ..and there’s contact in the feet down there…
- ..and through the whole of the body.
- But, normally, it comes from a place of being away,
for instance, when we pivot into it.
- And about the exchange of powers as it were,
if we’re here in this freno.
- At this point, I’m the king,
normally the leader is the king…
- ..but at this point, I’m the king until I
decide to give the power back…
- ..which could take all night, if I want.
- Right, I once remember hearing a story
about these two very world famous dancers.
- And the lady nailed the guy down,
I think just having fun with him.
- And, literally, a whole song spent
only at that one freno.
- It’s a fun thing.
- The question is: did he look enchanted
the whole time?
- He probably was laughing.