Take 3 - Ocho Essence
Please log in to start testing your knowledge!
One practical consideration is that, fundamentally ochos, especially back ochos, are hard to do in an easy, even and relaxed way. That's for the followers and, by extension, for the leaders. We talk about the goal of being profoundly together but, before you can be profoundly together, it really helps if you can do it without suffering. Or, as a leader, you can help your partner do it without suffering.
We have videos about pivoting and other videos about how to do ochos. Look at those too:
Here are a couple of other videos about ochos:
- Artist Name:
- Zully Goldfarb
- Song Title:
- Balada Para Un Loco
- Album Title:
- Ciudad De Nostalgia
- Artist Website:
Complex tangos sung in both spanish and yiddish with great authenticity.From artist's website about one album: Tells the story of piringundines, from German cabaret to the Buenos Aires tango venue, and with the tango it will take us through a history of crossed destinies, and misunderstandings, love, and forget that we identifys as Argentinians.
- For us, front ochos are about being together,
while we do different things.
- And it’s profound togetherness gives great,
well for me,…
- ..great joy and great pleasure.
- So, as you work on them I want you to think that…
- ..every piece is together,
that when you extend the legs,…
- ..that’s together.
- That when you shift, that’s together.
- That when you collect, that’s together.
- So, one of things is we’re doing two
completely different things...
- ...and I’m the one that get’s to edit the videos.
- I don’t know about this video yet, because
I haven't looked at it.
- But, I've edited us doing front ochos
and there are 29 frames in a second.
- And, if I stop at every single frame,
we’re together every single frame.
- And, to me, that is so cool.
- And, what we look for in tango, we think
tango is making one body moving out of the two bodies.
- Profound togetherness.
- N: Profound togetherness.
D: Even while doing different things.
- So, as you do front ochos, side,
right here, pivot.
- Now, our extension is together,
our shift is together.
- The pivot happens together, likewise - and actually,
I didn't collect. I was showing through.
- The lead was correct.
So, let me show this other way.
- So, we can extend together, we shift together,
we collect together.
- Extend, shift, collect.
- And, so you see that every piece of the movement
has this possibility, which is very joyous.
- And for the followers, don’t go too fast.
- Make sure he works.
- And for the leaders, give her her time.
- Let her finish so that you can be together
when you start again.