Kookie Crosses - Int - Lending A Helping Foot
- Artist Name:
- Alex Krebs
- Song Title:
- Album Title:
- New York Tango Jam Session
- Artist Website:
From website: (Alex Krebs) Has been studying the bandoneon since May 2001, directed the tango band "Conjunto Berretin." (with 2 CD's recorded) from 2003-2008, and currently is arranging/directing a tango sextet and arranging/directing an Orquesta Tipica for the Portland Tango Festivals in Feb. and Oct.
- I actually do this.
- He does.
- And actually, for the leaders, it's useful for beginners...
- ..you know, if they don't know to cross,
you can help them.
- Right. He does. But he does it for fun with -
- Right, with people who are not beginners,
it's just fun.
- And then a lot of people, who we teach to do that...
- ..will do it more than once.
Show doing it more than once.
- That's like really cool.
- Like that.
- So, the first bit is like the basic.
We seem to say that a lot.
- Well we say this is like that a lot.
- And then right here, before her shift completes...
- ..I make sure my body get's over first...
- ..so my right foot is free.
- And she's still not over and then as I shift her,
I drag with the foot as well.
- N: And then he puts me over..
D: And then I shift her over the foot.
- So you'll see, I shift myself first.
- So I can grab with the foot.
- To quote, "It's as much about timing as anything else."
- It's very about timing. The leaders have to make sure
that they control the follower...
- ..because if they let the follower go,
the follower will cross and then you miss the opportunity.
- And for followers, the truth is
you do the exact same...
- ..as you would in a normal basic.
- And, if he grabs your foot before you would go,
then you follow whatever is faster,...
- ..his body lead or his foot.
- So normally, you'd always follow the body...
- ..but, if his foot is taking your foot
before it would go otherwise,...
- ..then, you know, you have no choice,
which is the point.
- Let's show again.
- Let's show two again. That was fun.