Ganchos, Boleos and Kicks - Intermediate - Boleo And Gancho
- Artist Name:
- Ruth Roshan
- Song Title:
- Libertango (I've Seen That Face Before)
- Album Title:
- Tango Noir
- Artist Website:
From website: In Tango Noir's second all original album, "Darling ... Keep it to Yourself", Ruth uses the rhythms of the cabaret, the Tango, the Habanera, the Waltz, Ruth successfully infuses the album with an atmosphere of 1930s Berlin to create music which is new and nostalgic at the same time. It is a very listenable and beautiful album.
- A combination: putting together boleo and gancho...
- ..in the spirit of what we just did.
- And I wanted David to do that as well because
while my boleos and ganchos are good...
- ..his are really spectacular.
- So, what do I want to you think about?
- For the leaders, the same throw
we talked about earlier...
- ..here I’m pivoting on my left foot
as she steps around me.
- So after her boleo, she has a side, back.
- So you’ll see I say,
“Throw, step around me.”
- I touch with the ball of the right foot.
- And then after I touch with the ball of that right foot,
as she comes around...
- .. I pivot and I place, opening the thigh,
so she can grab that gancho.
- For the followers, because it’s a moving combination...
- ..you need to not go until you’re really balanced.
- And then you need to remember,
even though it feels like it’s fast...
- ..to go back with your thigh as far as you can,
before you pop your knee.
- And the footwork for the follower is:
we got side boleo.
- He pivots you, you collect. Small step around him.
- Pivots a lot, small step around him.
Goes back. There’s your gancho.
- If we show this together slowly.
- Now I’m the girl again.