Performance for Those Willing to Suffer - Dominating Music 2
- Artist Name:
- Mandragora Tango
- Song Title:
- La Ultima Copa
- Album Title:
- Let's Have Dinner And Go Dancing
- Artist Website:
From website: Mandrágora Tango is a tango band headed by bandoneonist Bob Barnes and guitarist Scott Mateo Davies, 2 Minneapolis-based musicians who are wildly passionate about tango. We have been playing tango for dancing and listening since 2001 and we are still going strong. We've played in over 40 cities all over the United States.
- When we're performing, we dance at the back of the beat.
- And that's a place that I'm really comfortable being.
- But it's difficult, until you really understand how to relate to the music. So, David is going to show it once.
- You see, how it's almost as if the music is pulling David along.
- So, that's very hard to do. Relating to the very back of the beat, like that. From nothing.
- So, do it with me first. And just see how you're almost pulling, every time you move.
- D: One, two, three, four, one.
N: And it's almost...
D: Two, three, four, one.
- ...Excruciating, how much we wait. But, do it with me.
- N: And, once you get the hang of it, I think, that'll help for when you step.
D: Just all of that waiting, and waiting, and, go off.
- So, just try it.