Salon Style Close Embrace - Making Close, Close
- Artist Name:
- Orchestra Del Mar
- Song Title:
- Chiquilin De Baquin
- Album Title:
- Milonga De Hoy
- Artist Website:
From cd baby: Beautiful adult voices, leading accordion and a warm strings trio are supported by a modern jazz rhythm section on Piazzolla, Gismonti and others south american highlights
- One thing about making steps closer is, this may sound silly, is doing them close.
- So, for example, if I'm doing a front ocho, I'm the girl. She's the guy. I'm the follower, rather.
- And we're doing it this angle to the camera. I'm just going to start.
- D: You can tell how I'm following, right? I'm following.
- So, if I do this and you stop there, you'll see that there's a little bit of space between us.
- So, this is a front ocho that's a little open.
- N: That's why we call it "open" 'cause there's space.
D: Yeah. Yeah. Why we call it "open". If I do this, this is a front ocho,
- That's much more close. Because, guess what? It's close.
- So, as we do this combination, I want you to think it's just you do everything closer.
- D: And that makes it close.
- So, we'll start with front ochos.
- D: Is that right?
- D: Good.
N: It is.
D: I'm lucky.
- Here's stair-step. We have it in a separate video. I'm going to turn it so we stay in camera.
- And then a pivot and we'll throw in an embellishment for the follower.
- So, each of these has been shown in a different chapter.
- In the... The front ochos, its own chapter. The stair-step is in a...we call it something about right angles.
- And so you find the body is at the right angle. That's a stair-step. You can look at that chapter. We'll have this in the comments.
- We actually did the stair-step with the boleo, I think, in an embellishments video, too.
- And so, here, we're just putting them all together to say "This is something you can do in a way that's very close,
- And yet still more of a salon style. So, we'll show that again.
- N: That was what I was going to say.
D: I love you.
N: Love you.
- And I'm going to cheat so we get the right place in camera.
- Here's your different angle.