Basic Variations - Beg/Int - Right Side Basic
We have this step listed as beginning/intermediate but there is something subtle, beautiful and not so easy about the small flowing pivots. Steps that turn in some way are often harder to learn. Try first to get an understanding of the dynamics of the step and then, once you have that, practice the flow between individual small pieces before you put the whole thing together.
The small quarter pivots are beautiful but require precision of direction from the leaders and waiting tall on her axis from the followers. (If we say this often, it's because it's often true :-)
- Artist Name:
- Michael Allen Harrison
- Song Title:
- Kiss Me With Chocolate
- Album Title:
- Artist Website:
From the artist's website: Michael Allen Harrison delivers music to the heart. His classical contemporary style carves a distinct niche of timeless music that has connected with so many during his two and a half decade career.
- This is unusual in that it starts with
a side step to the right.
- This is almost like an ocho that unwinds
as we keep going...
- ..and instead of a cross, I pivot.
- And I think pivots instead of crosses
are nice moments.
- For the leaders, you’ve got side,
I rotate so she steps around me, subtracting a step.
- And then I ride us both so we face.
- One more time.
- Let's do it this angle.
- Side I rotate, she steps around and
then I make sure we both face...
- ..and I step forward, forward.
- The followers need to make sure that
you just don’t step back in that step.
- It is a step around,
we have to kind of reach with our back…
- ..in order to get around him enough for it to work.
- Like a back ocho almost.
- We face, go one two and right there
with my right foot, I blocked her cross.
- My left foot is in front of her left foot.
- So I can go around,
we both pivot and sigh out
- Let’s show them what it looks like
when we just do it
- It has a really nice flow to it.
- On that last pivot around, whoops -
I want the followers to think that you really pull down,...
- ..keep the axis, and leaders here you’re in, up,
step around her and back.