Cool Ways to Travel - Adv - Lunge Step Lunge
There is a moment, right after you both step inside leg, where the follower steps around the leader while pivoting into the lunge which feels really exciting. If the leader has just the right timing, it feels like you hang suspended in air for a moment and then this long controlled fall into that first lunge which is kind of a thrill.
Then it gets hard. Because you need to take that next step without changing heights and yet stay with enough tightness in your thighs so it looks "tango". It helps if the step isn't too large. And it also helps to engage the muscles in the inner thighs.
- Artist Name:
- Manuel Barrueco
- Song Title:
- Five Pieces - 5 - Compadre
- Album Title:
- Solo Piazzolla
- Artist Website:
From the artist's website: Manuel Barrueco is internationally recognized as one of the most important guitarists of our time. His unique artistry has been continually described as that of a superb instrumentalist and a superior and elegant musician, possessing a seductive sound and uncommon lyrical gifts....In 2007 Manuel Barrueco received a Grammy nomination for the “Best Instrumental Soloist Performance” for his Solo Piazzolla, which was the first recording to be released on the exclusive Manuel Barrueco Collection on Tonar Music.
- I’m going to teach a trick now,
that I really like quite a lot…
- ..which looks, not that hard,
but that’s deceptive and it’s very hard.
- Showing first.
- One more time.
- So, breaking down the two parts:
- For the leaders, you’re going to do side,
inside leg - for both people…
- ..side, inside leg, pivot her
so she goes forward as well.
- You step.
- And after that next step, there’s a hover.
- So that you can fall into the next step.
- For the followers, same thing.
- Right, so there’s that sense of hover.
- So let’s do this slowly, only up to there.
- So you get that sense of suspension.
- For foot placement, the followers will need to step
a little bit past the leaders…
- ..so that, in the pivot, you end up aligned.
- So after our forward - let’s do it from here.
- After the forward, if you see my left foot…
- ..it’s a hair behind hers rather than in front.
- So we can come up and hover
and fall, with her mostly in front of me.
- Now, after that on the lunges, the key thought is that it…
- ..falls through with the whole body moving.
- The instinct is to arc or to hang back.
- I really want you to have this sense of
going forward, so it really travels.
- Showing one last time.