Cool Ways to Travel - Adv - Lunge Step Lunge
- Artist Name:
- Manuel Barrueco
- Song Title:
- Five Pieces - 5 - Compadre
- Album Title:
- Solo Piazzolla
- Artist Website:
From the artist's website: Manuel Barrueco is internationally recognized as one of the most important guitarists of our time. His unique artistry has been continually described as that of a superb instrumentalist and a superior and elegant musician, possessing a seductive sound and uncommon lyrical gifts....In 2007 Manuel Barrueco received a Grammy nomination for the “Best Instrumental Soloist Performance” for his Solo Piazzolla, which was the first recording to be released on the exclusive Manuel Barrueco Collection on Tonar Music.
- I’m going to teach a trick now,
that I really like quite a lot…
- ..which looks, not that hard,
but that’s deceptive and it’s very hard.
- Showing first.
- One more time.
- So, breaking down the two parts:
- For the leaders, you’re going to do side,
inside leg - for both people…
- ..side, inside leg, pivot her
so she goes forward as well.
- You step.
- And after that next step, there’s a hover.
- So that you can fall into the next step.
- For the followers, same thing.
- Right, so there’s that sense of hover.
- So let’s do this slowly, only up to there.
- So you get that sense of suspension.
- For foot placement, the followers will need to step
a little bit past the leaders…
- ..so that, in the pivot, you end up aligned.
- So after our forward - let’s do it from here.
- After the forward, if you see my left foot…
- ..it’s a hair behind hers rather than in front.
- So we can come up and hover
and fall, with her mostly in front of me.
- Now, after that on the lunges, the key thought is that it…
- ..falls through with the whole body moving.
- The instinct is to arc or to hang back.
- I really want you to have this sense of
going forward, so it really travels.
- Showing one last time.