Embellishments - Taking the Lead - Now Unchained
- Artist Name:
- Tango Berretin
- Song Title:
- El Choclo
- Album Title:
- Electrotango Vol. 1
- Artist Website:
From the artist's website: Alex has been dancing Argentine Tango since 1997 and teaching worldwide since 1998, including performances in Buenos Aires. He has run his all-Argentine tango studio, Tango Berretin, in Portland, Oregon since 2001 and has also studied the bandoneon since 2001 currently directing his sextet.
- In the previous chapter, we talked about embellishing. You stop the leader. You do your thing.
- Here, we'll do the same thing. Only, this time, ladies, you'll stop the leader, and you can, actually, take steps. And then, do your thing.
- Which is a lot harder. Now, I get to be the king. So, I'm going to lead, and he's going to follow.
- D: She says, "I'm going to lead", as I'm pushing her further away from the camera.
N: Right. Ha-ha.
- D: And then, here, I plant her.
N: Oh, no one is going to know when he stopped me.
- D: She knows.
N: I know.
- So, you can't see my back arm, but I just did this.
- So, you can see, for the camera, I just did, "Hold", and she did.
- So, she held. And now, I'm going to hold her down, as I slide away.
- And, if you see, my right arm, I'm still tight, and pushing down. And then, I can...
- N: That's a lot of stuff.
D: And then, here, in my upper body, I ease up.
N: And then, it's mine again.
- D: Now, some comments. What I just did,
N: That was fun.
- It was fun, but not tasteful. You wouldn't exactly want to do that. I'm just exaggerating to make the point.
- But, if you hear it in the music, you might, sort of, break away; change; change; come back.
- Right, you probably wouldn't spend half of the song doing stuff like that.
- N: Like somebody, who shall be nameless.
D: Yeah, someone, who shall be nameless.
- So, make sure, when you break away: pressure down, to stop them.
- And, even as you go away, you'll see, there's the pressure. And then, as I break away, I keep the same pressure, saying, "Stay down".
- And then, do your thing. And then, once you come back, you'll... If you see, I have the stay down pressure, and then, it eases up.
- N: I really felt it, when he gave himself back to me.
D: And then, we're back.
- And, as in the previous chapter, careful who you do it with.