Combinations Commonly in the Body of Tango Lore - 360 Degrees - We Each Do Our Part
Please log in to start testing your knowledge!
One reason we have for offering videos of so many different combinations is that we hope people will find a small number of them that they particularly like and learn those well. They can then, slowly, add these, for them, special, combinations to their working social vocabulary.
- Artist Name:
- Michael Allen Harrison
- Song Title:
- Tango Moon
- Album Title:
- Artist Website:
From the artist's website: Michael Allen Harrison delivers music to the heart. His classical contemporary style carves a distinct niche of timeless music that has connected with so many during his two and a half decade career.
- This is a 360 degree turn...
- ..and it’s not a single axis turn
or not too much.
- And I really want you to focus
on the way the first two steps...
- .. are about the leader
going around the follower...
- ..and then the next over pivot
about the follower going around the leader.
- So we each do our part.
- First half of the step, the basic, I’ll just show.
- And that’s normal and then
here’s where it stops being normal.
- Breaking down the leader’s part.
- After the thing, she's crossed.
- Actually from here, I’m rotating my chest to my left
and I’m extending my foot forward.
- So she’s going to step a little off the line.
- Showing that to the camera…
- ..here’s the cross and so she’s going
that way as I go forward.
- So I go to the inside of her leg.
- From the cross, just right here.
- As she extends it back, you see
I’m extending inside her leg around her back leg…
- ..or her reaching leg, her right leg.
- After that - after that reach,
I go there and stand up.
- She’s up but leaning back,
so that sort of gives extra room.
- A little bit of colgada.
- And I’ll step side around her,
so I have forward, side around her…
- ..she’s in one place.
- I’m on my right leg and then here it over pivots.
- I say to her, really pivot
and she crosses almost by me.
- And what that feels like almost is that…
- ..I lean back to him and
he’s gotten me around by magic.
- And then I have to reach further,
almost as if it's a back ocho.
- A rather extreme back ocho.
- Which we're then not going to complete.
- I'll start further back.
- Now for the followers,
I want you to think that you go by him.
- So almost, if you’re -
if this is the leader and I’m the follower…
- ..I’m going to pivot,
I’m going to go past the leader.
- So I’m really cutting by him
with my back step, backwards.
- In the lean, remember to hold in
and pull back a little bit with your back.
- Like that.