Combinations Commonly in the Body of Tango Lore - 360 Degrees - We Each Do Our Part
Please log in to start testing your knowledge!
- Artist Name:
- Michael Allen Harrison
- Song Title:
- Tango Moon
- Album Title:
- Artist Website:
From the artist's website: Michael Allen Harrison delivers music to the heart. His classical contemporary style carves a distinct niche of timeless music that has connected with so many during his two and a half decade career.
- This is a 360 degree turn...
- ..and it’s not a single axis turn
or not too much.
- And I really want you to focus
on the way the first two steps...
- .. are about the leader
going around the follower...
- ..and then the next over pivot
about the follower going around the leader.
- So we each do our part.
- First half of the step, the basic, I’ll just show.
- And that’s normal and then
here’s where it stops being normal.
- Breaking down the leader’s part.
- After the thing, she's crossed.
- Actually from here, I’m rotating my chest to my left
and I’m extending my foot forward.
- So she’s going to step a little off the line.
- Showing that to the camera…
- ..here’s the cross and so she’s going
that way as I go forward.
- So I go to the inside of her leg.
- From the cross, just right here.
- As she extends it back, you see
I’m extending inside her leg around her back leg…
- ..or her reaching leg, her right leg.
- After that - after that reach,
I go there and stand up.
- She’s up but leaning back,
so that sort of gives extra room.
- A little bit of colgada.
- And I’ll step side around her,
so I have forward, side around her…
- ..she’s in one place.
- I’m on my right leg and then here it over pivots.
- I say to her, really pivot
and she crosses almost by me.
- And what that feels like almost is that…
- ..I lean back to him and
he’s gotten me around by magic.
- And then I have to reach further,
almost as if it's a back ocho.
- A rather extreme back ocho.
- Which we're then not going to complete.
- I'll start further back.
- Now for the followers,
I want you to think that you go by him.
- So almost, if you’re -
if this is the leader and I’m the follower…
- ..I’m going to pivot,
I’m going to go past the leader.
- So I’m really cutting by him
with my back step, backwards.
- In the lean, remember to hold in
and pull back a little bit with your back.
- Like that.