Expanded Intermediate Vocabulary - Gancho Outside
- Artist Name:
- Momo Smitt
- Song Title:
- Like A Drug
- Album Title:
- Tango World
- Artist Website:
From website: My Name is Momo Smitt, I am an independently funded/promoted hip hop artist based in Portland, OR. My music covers a wide range of topics from recovery and personal growth to political and environmental issues. Though much of my music is expressed from a first person perspective of opinions and feelings, I also tend to take a narrative, story-telling approach while detailing my experiences through the role of "observer".
- Isn’t that just so cool?
- People just like gancho so much,
we showed the inside gancho.
- And we can also gancho from the outside
of the person.
- And on that note.
- You’ll notice that the back of the knee
to the back of the knee…
- ..like all other ganchos.
It’s just a different leg position.
- And you can do it to either side.
- So go for it.
- Now, some technique pointers.
- For the leaders, actually for both people
the body is a little bit caddy corner.
- So it’s not like we’re at right angles.
- It’s that - if I borrow Alex here.
We'll do it here.
- He’s here and I’m here. But I’m offset.
- So if you look from the side,
you don’t see anything funny.
- But if you look here you’ll see I shift over
and then the leg comes out and we can walk over.
- And bang.
Same thing on the other side. Walks over, bang.
- And if you watch from this angle, I’m offset.
- And if you watch from this angle -
- N: He’s still offset.
D: We're still basically...
- ...in - but it looks like we’re in line.
We’re still on our own lines.
- So it’s a translational movement.
- For the followers, exactly as all other ganchos,
she going to be turning her hips away...
- ..so that, when she walks over as he is pivoting her...
- ..her hips go away.
- So if you’ll do both sides
with that being in mind.
- You’ll see her hips turn away, bang.
Or the other side, her hips turn away.
- Bang. I don’t know if it works if you don't
do the bang sound effects.
- I think it helps. It helps.
- Have you mentioned that it’s the same basic technique?
- Actually, a brief aside,
a comment I want to make is that...
- ..in each of these series on different kinds of ganchos
I’m going to highlight some techniques.
- But these techniques, they’re true for all of the ganchos
and all of these videos across all of the gancho series.
- So we have gancho take two
and that gives a lot of technique for a basic gancho.
- And a lot of those techniques apply to any
of the ganchos that you’re going to be doing.