Take 3 - Basic Essence
Please log in to start testing your knowledge!
- Artist Name:
- Zully Golfarb
- Song Title:
- La Ultima Copa
- Album Title:
- Ciudad De Nostalgia
- Artist Website:
Complex tangos sung in both spanish and yiddish with great authenticity.From artist's website about one album: Tells the story of piringundines, from German cabaret to the Buenos Aires tango venue, and with the tango it will take us through a history of crossed destinies, and misunderstandings, love, and forget that we identifys as Argentinians.
- First we taught the steps. And we gave you all kinds of
explanations of just how to do them.
- And then we did a take two
on each of the basic steps.
- And, in take two, we gave you lots of details about
specific techniques to make the steps more beautiful.
- Now we want to do a take three.
- And the take three, the idea is for us to
boil down each of the basic steps,...
- ..many of the basic steps
into the essence,...
- ..the couple of concepts that make
that step special for us.
- And we’re going to start with the basic,
- I think, for me, the basic is about letting
the leader move through me...
- ..and waiting, being together at an angle
towards the leader.
- And, for me, it’s much the same.
- It’s about facing and then about
the sense of through.
- So, if we just show that.
- And each one of these sections, each of the techniques
that we taught in the take two,…
- ..really can come, almost all of them,
can come from these two ideas.
- Two and a half ideas.
- So, for example, I say, for the leaders, to pull
your right hip back so that…
- ..you can face your partner.
That’s about facing.
- We say to bring the follower
to the ball of her foot.
- That’s so that - that enables the leader to go
through her and the follower to stay forward.
- Watch my foot in the cross.
- When we get to the cross,
I stay all the way forward on my foot, here.
- And then he pulls me back.
- And that’s about the facing and it’s about
my staying and letting him move me.
- For both people, for the followers, I want you to think
you really work to get in front.
- Sometimes the leader arcs away from you.
- This is good. This is cool.
- The leader will go - here’s my lovely partner
and I’m looking over there.
- Which is not right.
- No no, I should be looking over here.
- And see she smiles.
- And so, when I go forward, you see that I'm at her
rather than at Sally over her shoulder.
- And if he's not, even in the cross,
when I cross, to the cross…
- ..part of the purpose of it, I think,
is to get me back in front of him.
- So he’s on my side and when I cross,
I’m back in front of him.
- But, as we go through all these nitpicky details,
I want you always to come back to the same thought.
- This is about facing and going through.