Take 3 - Gancho Essence
- Artist Name:
- Ruth Roshan
- Song Title:
- Tango For A Girl Child
- Album Title:
- Tango Noir
- Artist Website:
From website: In Tango Noir's second all original album, "Darling ... Keep it to Yourself", Ruth uses the rhythms of the cabaret, the Tango, the Habanera, the Waltz, Ruth successfully infuses the album with an atmosphere of 1930s Berlin to create music which is new and nostalgic at the same time. It is a very listenable and beautiful album.
- In the gancho, there are a lot of things
that you can emphasize.
- I’m going to talk about two.
- One is that same bang at that top, that accent.
- And we’re going to do it at different speeds
and you’ll see that we maintain that, regardless.
- And then, it’s nice, you know, that we have a slower song...
- ..which is maybe more challenging
but also more fun.
- And then, also, we’re going to talk about
the way the gancho...
- ..can be about the relationship between
the two bodies, which I think is very cool.
- So, from a relational perspective,
- ..she goes back with her thigh,
hits in the knee, releases.
- And there really is that sense that the thighs
really wrap around each other...
- ..but the knees are close.
- So, it’s almost as if, with your legs, you’re hooking...
- .. the same way you might hook arms.
- And so, her hips face away
to enable that.
- But, in the upper body, we can be here,
which I think is a wonderful thing.
- Talking about the accent at the top,
- Here, let me be the girl.
May I have a leg?
- And actually I’m going to rotate the leg.
- There we go.
Ah, very good.
- So, with her, I can even slowly go, pow,
or a different angle.
- So you see, even in slow motion
our gancho has that tip at the top.
- We don’t go…pow, where it sort of just blends together
into one meaningless mush.
- We go: pow, and you see that tip,
even if it’s slow.
- And if it’s fast, it’s the same,...
or faster yet.
- Slow the video down,
play it slow motion, if you can.
- Download it, use VLC, then do the loop.
I’ll put it in the comments how to do it.
- So you can do slow motion,
download the video…
- ..and you can see it’s still fast
and then faster at the top.
- But, keep that same accent.
- Showing again.
- Here, you can see the relationship in the thighs.
- And also the relationship in the heads.