From One Ocho To Another - Beg/Int - Walking From Front Ocho To Back Ocho
Please log in to start testing your knowledge!
Sometimes, the simplest way to interact is just to explore directly what is possible. See where you are and think where you want to get to and then take the most direct route from the first to the second:
- Artist Name:
- Zully Goldfarb
- Song Title:
- Eres Unico
- Album Title:
- Ciudad De Nostalgia
- Artist Website:
Complex tangos sung in both spanish and yiddish with great authenticity.From artist's website about one album: Tells the story of piringundines, from German cabaret to the Buenos Aires tango venue, and with the tango it will take us through a history of crossed destinies, and misunderstandings, love, and forget that we identifys as Argentinians.
- This one is so easy but
I never see people doing it.
- It really switches from front ocho to back ocho
just by taking one step.
- I’m tempted to say, I never see us
seeing it is so 'easy' either.
- Oh it’s not so easy?
- No, it is. It is. I agree with you.
But it’s unusual.
- So here’s our front ocho, side, change,
pivot, step, pivot, step.
- And this time instead of a pivot, we step
and now we’re onto back ochos.
- So that’s all it is,
is any time the leader wants -
- D: So it’s pivot, step.
N: Anytime the leader wants.
- Step, pivot, step and now
we're into front ochos.
- So instead of doing a pivot, you replace it with a step and
then you go on.
- And from either side.
- If you’re doing back ochos,
you can go into front ochos...
- ..just by adding in the extra step.
- And front ochos you can go into back ochos
by adding an extra step.
- For the followers as you do this,
let me be the girl.
- Gr, I’m the guy. So this time
I get to pick how many we do.
- I want you to think that really,
there’s a pause that you really eat it up.
- You really lift, keep your body active and
then go into the next thing.
- Instead of there’s a pause.
- He’s right. That’s important.
- “Oh I’m dancing. I forgot,”
And then you come back up.
- So use that pause.
Make it rich and wonderful.
- So that’s probably the first thing -
well I teach David classical dance...
- ..and that’s probably the first thing
I taught him in classical dances.
- You always dance. You just don’t say,
"Okay, now I’m dancing. Not I'm not"
- So what he’s saying is, keep the energy moving
and it will stay beautiful.