From One Ocho To Another - Beg/Int - Front Ocho Around To Back Ocho
Please log in to start testing your knowledge!
- Artist Name:
- Zully Goldfarb
- Song Title:
- Ij Hov Tzait
- Album Title:
- De Donde Viene Mi Voz
- Artist Website:
Complex tangos sung in both spanish and yiddish with great authenticity.From artist's website about one album: Tells the story of piringundines, from German cabaret to the Buenos Aires tango venue, and with the tango it will take us through a history of crossed destinies, and misunderstandings, love, and forget that we identifys as Argentinians.
- And we could keep going.
- N: Yes, I could keep going with this one.
B: But it’s one way of switching...
- ..from front ochos to back ochos.
- And this is not the easiest of the ways.
- So it starts with front ocho as normal...
- ..side, he changes, pivot or step
or any other entrance you want.
- Now here, I stay planted on my right foot and...
- ..I pivot to my right. So she pivots,
side, around me.
- And I move my center of gravity
a little bit back.
- Let me show that from another angle.
- So we have our front ocho.
- And now here to let her step around me,
- ..I don’t only pivot her,
I shift back a little bit...
- ..and then I go back forward again
to take her space as she pivots...
- ..as she arrives over her left foot
and then the back ocho.
- So what he said was really good.
He said as she arrives over her foot.
- We need to make sure that we arrive over our feet
before we start the next step.
- Can you show if I lead it - not arriving?
- I don’t know if this is a compliment
that he does a better bad than I do.
- I’ll start.
- Yes, there. It kind of stumbles around.
That was a pretty good bad.
- And so if we exaggerate the bad in a slower way...
- ..here if I don’t stand all the way over this foot
and I go straight over.
- Or you see I'm not -
- Let’s see, different angle.
- I’m not over that foot and yet I stumble back.
- That’s so doesn’t work.
- So for the follower; if he is going too fast,
you take your time.
- Make sure you’re over your axis
before you go and that will help a lot.
- D: Let’s show from another couple of angles.