Putting Lots of Stuff Together - Adv - Pivoting Through Eachother
Please log in to start testing your knowledge!
- Artist Name:
- Orchestra Del Mar
- Song Title:
- Album Title:
- Milonga De Hoy
- Artist Website:
From cd baby: Beautiful adult voices, leading accordion and a warm strings trio are supported by a modern jazz rhythm section on Piazzolla, Gismonti and others south american highlights
- One of the times we really like a lot is
when we could move completely together.
- In this combination, there are places where
we’re doing something different…
- ..and we’re still moving completely together.
- So it starts, the first three steps of the basic.
- And then, after that, we turn through eachother,
so, we’re really about facing each other.
- That turning through is a wonderful opportunity
to be very together.
- It’s a little hard to explain that we’re on one foot...
- ..and, as we turn, we transfer our weight to the other foot.
- And notice, also, that I’m a little to the side,
not a little, I am to the side of her.
- So, in that side view, it’s this
rather than here, which is in front.
- And that wouldn’t work if
we went turned through each other.
- Also, when he steps, he steps a little bit
further forward than normal for the basic.
- So that, when we turn through each other,
it can work.
- And then I do a forward ocho but I pivot my leg
as he circles to the sacada.
- So let’s do that last bit slow motion.
- We’re here, we’ve turned through each other, we step...
- ..and now, as she ochos, I circle, as well.
As she pivots and extends, I extend.
- Notice, well you probably can’t see it, but I’m really using my right arm...
- ..in that circle of my foot in order to control it.
- We pivot through each other.
- I take her with me.
- Here, we circle together and through...
- ..come in together and through,
come in together and exit.
- And so, the trick is, for the leader, making sure
that, as you start to rotate in your chest,...
- ..for each of her steps, as she’s vacating
her past space, you start to go forward to take it.
- One more time, same thing.
And let’s make sure we’re in the foot camera.
- Did you notice how much
we were together as we circled?
- It’s kind of cool.