Technique Tips - Powerful Walking
- Artist Name:
- Song Title:
- Adios Nonino
- Album Title:
From cd baby writeup: Zigatango reworks Argentinean tango and traditional Gypsy music with a rare youthful flair exposing a burning intensity of emotion, often combined with a wild, almost demonic energy.
- This video is about powerful walking.
- I can tell you a little bit about what it isn’t.
- It is not about walking really big and
it is not about walking really fast.
- Now David can tell you a little bit about
what it is.
- It’s about moving forward from your centre
in low gear in a thick and textured way.
- N: That’s good.
D: So you have power going forward...
- .. but it’s not the power of up here.
- It’s the power of - well I guess
we have to do the body camera.
- Watch, you take your whole body
and you go, like that.
- Show us what it isn’t.
- N: So it’s not about walking fast…
D: Right, right.
- So, because it’s - some people say,
get powerful and they get faster.
- And it’s not about walking big.
- Which, you know, it’s something but it’s not.
- Imagine I have a stick right here
and I move his whole -
- D: You’re moving the mic too.
- And I move his whole self as one piece
and that’s what it's really about.
- So, I want you to imagine - can you stand right there?
- There, scoot back one step, there.
- N: He’s got this planned.
- So, if I’m going to her,
I aim straight through her...
- I engage my core and I go from here
my power to her.
- I have an idea, do that to the camera.
- Oh, we’ll see how it works out.
- So, from down here, I take my power
and I go to you.
- Now you do that to the full body camera.
Do it to the close-up camera.
- From down here, my power goes through.
- So, he’s shown a lot of ways that
don’t work for walking powerfully.
- I just want to ask him to walk across the floor
a couple of times in a way that does work.
- And this is exaggerating a little bit...
- ..because it’s a little hard to see,
especially across the camera.