Tango is Easy - Making It Tango Steps
- Artist Name:
- Song Title:
- Album Title:
- Artist Website:
From the artist's website: Lunfardia's members hail from Ireland and Argentina and perform a vibrant mix of new compositions and traditional song and dance music from Latin American countries. This fresh, dynamic and highly versatile quintet explores the classical, folk and jazz backgrounds of its musicians in exhilarating and virtuosic arrangements always building on the rhythms of South America.
- So if you take what we were
- ..where we were just basically
- If I do this and I say to her, “Go this way,”
that’s somehow not tango.
- Not exactly.
- And I pass her around behind me.
It’s sort of fun.
- Now watch what I am going to do.
- And so there’s this sense of yearning towards her.
- And so in my upper body, I’m shaping towards her.
- And I’m trying to stay with him.
- And I stay towards her and so, there’s that.
And I don’t get there.
- I stay towards her but I don’t get there.
I pulled a little tighter in my body.
- And for her, between steps she made it thick.
- Step 'ah', step 'ah.'
- And every ‘ah’ I was like yearning to him
as much as I could given that I was behind him.
- So for now, I want you to think
you can do something similar.
- You maintain the embrace and we’ll go;
- One - two, three - four, five - six.
So that we make the collection thick
- And that’s the other point is that,
when we want to make something tango...
- ..we want to try to collect our feet
in between each step as much as we can.
- And we stay more towards each other.
- And if you do this...
- ..and I’m really not going to worry about my feet
to the extent I can.
- Part of it is habit.
- And in my arms I’m not doing a whole lot except
giving her gentle pulls, gentle directions.
- And let’s say something bad happens
and I bump into her.
- We’ll just keep going.
- So, face your partner, pull in tight,
take your time, make the one-two's slow...
- And have a lot of fun.