Putting Lots of Stuff Together - Adv - Weaving Back and Forth
Please log in to start testing your knowledge!
In different steps, we often say that the arms can move. The follower's left arm can slide more or less around the leader, the leader's right arm can wrap around or slide out. In combinations that involve turning and weaving, this plays an increasingly larger role in making the movements work. While keeping pressure, do let the arms feel free to move.
- Artist Name:
- Song Title:
- Tango from Scent of a Woman
- Album Title:
From cd baby writeup: Zigatango reworks Argentinean tango and traditional Gypsy music with a rare youthful flair exposing a burning intensity of emotion, often combined with a wild, almost demonic energy.
- So, the only reason I’m not going to say that was fun is because…
- ..I realised the last time we filmed I said,
“That was fun,” about a whole bunch of them.
- So, it starts with a media vuelta.
- Now, we don’t take that second backstep…
- ..instead, I’m going to pivot her and cross over.
- Notice the tightness in her thighs.
- Grabs a forward sacada
with the right foot, shifting the weight…
- ..and then a freno with the left,
as she pivots.
- And I make sure in the freno that I connect
with his foot before I step over.
- And I’m connecting with my shin,
because that’s what reaches.
- Now, I’m going to shift over
and then rotate her more for another cross here...
- ..as I step around her.
- We’ll hover a little bit to the left.
- Hover up, back and step and that’s the end.
- For the leaders, as you do this,
what I really want you to think about…
- ..let’s see, what - is really, and I say this often…
- ..what I really want you to think about,
- ..simultaneity, body integrity,
listen to the music, whatever it is.
- Here, as she pivots, I cross over.
- As I rotate with my chest to get her to move,
I grab that sacada.
- You see the simultaneity.
- I circle with my foot as I pivot her.
- As she walks over, I shift and then as
she moves to cross, I shift again.
- Okay, so that makes it a whole lot harder for everybody…
- ..because he’s doing one thing,
I’m doing something totally different…
- ...exactly at the same time.
- But the shapes are so beautiful.
- And, if we can do it completely together with these
really beautiful shapes, it’s really worth it.
- For the followers, as you’re doing this,
I really want you to think about...
- ..the tightness of the thighs or the calves or the feet
as you go from one place to another.
- Because there’s this tendency to let them be
a little bit open or a little bit sloppy.
- And, there’s so much going back and forth
that if you’re not pretty close…
- ..then it doesn’t work.