Variasi Asas - Beg / Int - Basic With Delayed Weight Change
- Nama artis:
- Alex Krebs
- Tajuk lagu:
- Tajuk Album:
- New York Tango Jam Session
- Laman Web Artis:
From website: (Alex Krebs) Has been studying the bandoneon since May 2001, directed the tango band "Conjunto Berretin." (with 2 CD's recorded) from 2003-2008, and currently is arranging/directing a tango sextet and arranging/directing an Orquesta Tipica for the Portland Tango Festivals in Feb. and Oct.
- This is actually - it’s my favorite of the basic steps.
- And we call it David’s basic.
- But we decided not to name it that
- ..most of the combinations we’re teaching
are David’s combinations.
- So we didn't want to make this -
- Stand out - "Oh what? The other aren’t."
- It’s got this really cool squiggle in it
that’s very fun.
- And it can turn any degree.
- Right now I’m turning it at 180,
so it’s good for the camera.
- Really what we’re doing,
the first part is we’re delaying the weight shift.
- Normally -
- The weight shift for the man.
- For the man.
- Normally when we do a basic, side, one, two…
- ..she crosses and he’ll shift weight.
- But I’m not going to.
- I’m going to step with my right foot
and then I would shift here.
- But instead of shifting,
I step around her and then we go on.
- And for the followers, this gives you the opportunity
to have a beautiful styling with your foot.
- So after that cross, he takes you back
and then he goes around you.
- And you see that beautiful tail that my right foot makes,
as it goes to step forward.
- So once again, showing the last half slowly.
- It goes through for the leader, back for the follower.
- He goes around her. She pivots,
foot makes a tail, we extend.
- Now I want to make one comment for the leader
about going around the follower.
- This comes up pretty frequently.
- I’ll say he goes around her, but what happens is,
your body is wider than it is narrow.
- And so if I go - think what I did
into the camera.
- This is wider than this.
- And so if I go around her and I put my feet here,
but I go straight forward...
- ..I’m going to bump into her.
- See that? Can you stand right here.
- So if I go this, straight that way,
I’ll hit her with my right chest.
- Actually let’s do it this way.
- You think I just like moving her.
- So right here if we go forward,
I’d hit her with my chest. Don’t move.
- But if I rotate sideways as I go there -
- Then I have room.
- I can go by.
- And so when I say go around,
you have to rotate the body as well...
- ..so you don’t knock the follower
off her axis.
- I think that’s probably the single
most important thing for the leader...
- ..and the thing that makes it fun for the followers.