Ganchos, Boleos and Kicks - Intermediate - Kicks: It's All One
- Nama artis:
- Michael Allen Harrison
- Tajuk lagu:
- Argentine Fire
- Tajuk Album:
- Laman Web Artis:
From the artist's website: Michael Allen Harrison delivers music to the heart. His classical contemporary style carves a distinct niche of timeless music that has connected with so many during his two and a half decade career.
- I’m going to assume that you’ve watched
the videos and...
- ..know how to do gancho,
boleo and kick between the legs.
- And if you do then I want this to be
one of those connective videos...
- ..that draws things together.
- For the leaders, the lead is basically the same.
- And for the followers, the action in the leg
is basically the same.
- So let’s illustrate that.
- One thing for the leaders,
when you’re leading a boleo…
- ..you go side, throw, stop.
And boleo is out.
- For leading a gancho, you go throw,
stop and it ganchos.
- And if you’re leading a kick between the leg,
you might go…
- ..throw stop - or different angle.
- You might go throw, stop to get her
to kick between the legs.
- So let’s do those three and watch how there's this throw
and then this stop.
- What would be the best angle?
- And that’s this.
- We could also do, if it were a gancho -
okay we’ll do the other leg.
- Throw, stop.
- So we have a boleo on the side
that looks like this...
- ..and a gancho on the side that looks like this.
- If we’re doing a kick between the legs,
here let’s say I rock her back…
- ..I bring her forward, I stop her.
- D: It’s - new angle.
N: And then my leg keeps going.
- So same lead, same lead, different directions
where you point it.
- So that either you’re pointing it away
from your body...
- ..you’re pointing it inside one leg…
- ..or you’re point it right between both.
- For the followers, the accent is always on the point,
the end of the movement.
- And we’re going to go back as far as we can
in each of these with our thigh...
- ..with our hip, from our hip before we do the movement
with our leg.
- And finally we’re not going to do it like this…
- ..we’re going to keep the torso whole
when we do it.
- So here are the three again.
- Or I guess she should be like that.
That should be good.
- Like that.