Ambil 3 - Drag Essence
- Nama artis:
- Zully Golfarb
- Tajuk lagu:
- Tajuk Album:
- De Donde Viene Mi Voz
- Laman Web Artis:
Complex tangos sung in both spanish and yiddish with great authenticity.From artist's website about one album: Tells the story of piringundines, from German cabaret to the Buenos Aires tango venue, and with the tango it will take us through a history of crossed destinies, and misunderstandings, love, and forget that we identifys as Argentinians.
- For me, the drag is a lot about the way
the bodies cause the limbs to move.
- It’s an emphasising of the profound togetherness
that comes from here…
- ..rather than from here.
- So when people see a drag, they think...
- D: “Oh I’m pushing her leg. I’m pushing her foot”
N: We’re moving a leg. Right.
- But you see…
- N: It’s not like that.
D: ..when I push her foot
- - this is the wrong way to drag.
This is just in my leg.
- You know I’m playing soccer.
- D. Dribbling.
- D. Getting in trouble.
- But, it’s not about that at all.
Here’s how you get out of trouble.
- When you drag, you’ll see
it's my whole body that shifts.
- And the whole body that shifts.
- And so, I don’t need that foot, right?
- I can drag by moving the body and the body.
- And then, here’s the psychic drag.
- And then, when you get to the non-psychic drag…
- ..because it is so much about the body,
it creates incredible togetherness.
- And I think that’s really the important thing.
- For me, as well,
the drag is about a dialogue between us…
- ..just because of what we just showed.
- He can drag me, of course, and we’ve shown
- But, I can also drag him back.
- And that’s really about us talking to each other
with our legs through our core in a different way.