Latihan untuk Mewujudkan Integriti Badan - The Center Moving
Nancy speaking: Sometimes I think these exercises can seem like a case of the Emperor's New Clothes. It's so hard to see the subtle changes that happen in the body when the core is being engaged. And even harder to see it in a video.
I have said, over and over, that beautiful movement starts from the low core. And we have seen extraordinary improvements in student's dance when they learn these techniques. So let's do the best we can long distance and, by all means, email or call me if you have any questions.
- Nama artis:
- Manuel Barrueco
- Tajuk lagu:
- Verano Porteño
- Tajuk Album:
- Solo Piazzolla
- Laman Web Artis:
From the artist's website: Manuel Barrueco is internationally recognized as one of the most important guitarists of our time. His unique artistry has been continually described as that of a superb instrumentalist and a superior and elegant musician, possessing a seductive sound and uncommon lyrical gifts....In 2007 Manuel Barrueco received a Grammy nomination for the “Best Instrumental Soloist Performance” for his Solo Piazzolla, which was the first recording to be released on the exclusive Manuel Barrueco Collection on Tonar Music.
- We’re filming three videos about
how to increase body integrity.
- And this one is, by far,
the hardest of all of them.
- I’m going to use David’s body again,
- And I’m hoping that you can see the differences in the way
that he digs into his centre to move himself.
- Maybe you won’t be able to.
- If you can't, if you come to me
I’ll do it on your body.
- What I want him to do is I want him
to dig into his low centre...
- ..and use that to lift himself to his toes.
- He’s not going to move until
he’s really engaged here.
- And then, when he is finally really engaged,...
- .. he’s going to fight against it until he
really feels that moving himself up.
- And then I want him to use that centre
to move forward.
- See if I hold his shirt, can you see it better?
- Go ahead, move forward.
- And then I want him to hold up with his center,
as he lowers himself down.
- So try the whole thing.
- And, feel yourself fight the rise in the center
before you let it come up.
- And even more, have your center
holding you up as you lower your heels down.
- Do it to the middle camera.
- Can you see that gathering?
- That’s cool.
- And then, since he always move with his center,
the walking forward's probably not very hard.
- But the coming down really is hard.
- Because he’s holding up against the coming down.
- Can you do that one more time?
- That was really cool,
to the body camera.
- Whatever you call that, the middle of the body camera.
- So wait a little longer until you
really can’t resist the coming up, okay?
- I said the "Yes" early because I could see that the
beginning was going to work really well there.
- Yes, please.
- And then the same thing when you get ready
to come down onto your heels.
- Wait until you feel the pull up to go down. Yes
- So, I know that’s really hard.
- Try it. See if you can get a feel for
the internal working inside your body.
- You’re holding on. From really tight
and very low in your abdomen.
- And that’s what’s starting everything.
- That’s where all good movement really comes from.