Hiasan - For Leaders
For most leaders, including very advanced ones, the brain can be kept plenty busy "just" trying to lead. That said, sometimes there's something in the music which would be really nice to acknowledge.
One thing we have as an advantage as leaders is that we know what we're going to do. That means that it's completely okay for our embellishments to involve weight changes, movements around our partner's axis, things that are not typically within the follower's realm.
- Nama artis:
- Tajuk lagu:
- Confidencias De Minha Rua
- Tajuk Album:
- Laman Web Artis:
(From google translated website): In acoustic format, a rich dialectic between the universal languages of Fado, Tango. The Portuguese guitar and accordian are dominant notes.
- So, for the leaders, you can do embellishments, as well.
- And, I'm not going to, we're not going to over as much detail, or exhaustively.
- D: Because it's hard enough as it is, right? You don't need it to be harder.
N: Leading is hard, yeah.
D: Leading is hard enough.
- But generically, the idea I want you to have as leaders, when you're embellishing,
- Is that you have the luxury of knowing what you're going to do, and of asking the lady to wait for you.
- That's true.
- N: It's easier for them as leaders.
D: So, for example, If I'm doing a basic, and I want to embellish, I might step side, and I'll hold in and down. To say, "Don't move".
- And then, I'll do my thing.
- And then, I'll go on.
- And so, I can take all that time. So, a follower, it's harder for her to take time.
- So that it communicates with you, and you're both together.
- You know, she, usually, should stay within the frame of the embrace. Or, of the lead and the follow.
- But for me, the first thing I want you to think of, leaders, is that when you step, you hold in and down.
- N: And that'll stop me.
D: Right, and then you'll have all the time in the world.
- And, once you hold in and down... And I'm going to exaggerate.
- N: Oh, boy! I'm not going any place.
D: Then, from here, you can do all this crazy foot stuff, or...
- N: They can't see it in that camera.
D: I know.
N: Oh, OK.
- D: They could. They saw my leg flash up.
- OK, don't move, mom. You can do all this crazy foot stuff. And then, they can see.
- So, I'll hold her down, and then...
- And she gets here at the cross. And, maybe, I touch her foot. I drag up her leg, down my own. Through. Whatever it is.
- So, remember that: you hold in and down. And, you can plant her.
- And, not only does that tell her not to move - it gives you the luxury.
- It gives you the advantage of being able to use this downward pressure for balance.
- D: While you're on one foot.
N: Well, was that cool?
D: Yeah, so it works for both.
N: I didn't think about that.
- That's very cool.