Hiasan - As Compared to Styling
- Nama artis:
- Tajuk lagu:
- Confidencias De Minha Rua
- Tajuk Album:
- Laman Web Artis:
(From google translated website): In acoustic format, a rich dialectic between the universal languages of Fado, Tango. The Portuguese guitar and accordian are dominant notes.
- So, I would like to make a distinction, now, between what I'm going to call styling and embellishments.
- D: So, an embellishment is when you take a step, and then you add all these movements...
N: Little twiddles.
D: And twiddles around the step.
- And styling is more about how you do the step.
- And nine times out of ten... No, eight times out of ten.
- If you want to do an embellishment, probably it would be better to just style the step more.
- So, so that it's easy to see, I'm going to do a basic, and once, I'm going to embellish the heck out of it. Too much.
- And then, I'm going to style the heck out of it, too much. So you can see what I mean by the difference.
- D: I'm going to be the follower.
- D: Right, right. Yeah, Yeah.
N: That was crazy.
D: Styling... Way too much. For embellishment.
N: That was way too much embellishment.
- D: Way too many embellishments.
N: Now, here's way too much styling. It's probably going to look pretty silly, too.
- I hope the other one looked silly. He probably did them really well, and that's a problem.
- Now, once again, that's, sort of, exaggerating. "All this body motion".
- But, ladies, really, as you do this...
- Let's say I want to make something fancy. And the movement is this.
- Well, you can do, like, "Bang! Ah". Or, you can do, "Ahh". Where you have all this extra movement in your body.
- And so, in general... Realize that the body is more meaningful than the limbs.
- N: That's a very good point.
D: And, if I do... If I say to her, "I love you".
- N: Ha-ha!
D: That's not convincing. Because it's just my arms doing this, and my body is doing nothing.
- So, I say, "I love you", and then I and move my arms up and down - it means nothing.
- And, if I'm here, and I say, "I love you"...
- And then that means a lot more. Because my body is doing it. Even though the movement is less.
- So, the same thing is true of embellishments or styling.
- So, as I... Actually, as she follows.
- You'll see, that on the side step, we can go, "Ahh".
- Here, we can have this moment of... stillness. And then, we move. And then, we go on.
- So, I want you to think, as you're dancing, can you add small movement, a subtle interpretation?
- "Dam-ha-rey-da-da-dam", in your body. To... To make it more textured and real.