Perbendaharaan kata - Ambil 2 - Pemimpin - Boleo
- Nama artis:
- Juan D'Arienzo
- Tajuk lagu:
- 9 de Julio
- Tajuk Album:
- RCA Victor 100 Años - Juan D'Arienzo
Known as "El Rey del Compás" (King of the Beat), his music is played often at milongas. The instrumentals are the classic rhythmic tangos with a strong staccato dance rhythm.
- Guys, as you lead the boleo, we’ll talk about
some of the details that we didn’t get to earlier…
- ..but you’ll see that there, my right arm is free.
- So that, the instinct is to do the boleo like this...
- D: ..where you throw it.
N: I'm not going to like this.
- But I don’t let go of my right arm
until my body is very distorted.
- And so you want to make sure that as you throw the boleo...
- ..you move the right arm in,
so she has full range of motion in her hips to pivot.
- But that you also can keep your own axis.
- So if you watch my right arm,
I’ll go here but I’ll slide it in.
- Or alternatively, as I send her out...
- ..then I’ll let go and let it slide
and then grab her again.
- That’s feels really powerful when you do that.
- Well that’s not about the let go,
that’s about the sending.
- Also for the guys, there’s often this instinct of going...
- ..backward or forwards into her space.
- And so if I lead a boleo like this, ...
- ..invisible woman, I'm..
- .. not going to inflict it on.
- So we go here. If I do this,
you can imagine that the lady...
- ..who’s right here would have a hard time
- Likewise, if I’m like this.
- So I want you to think that you’re going to
maintain your own axis...
- ..and you’re going to throw it
and then bring her back.
- And you see that I have the vertical line.
- Now there are many kind of boleos.
- So if I’m the follower, that’s a boleo
or this is a boleo.
- Or...that’s a boleo or this is a boleo.
- Right so all these different kinds of boleos
and you can’t...
- ..you can’t really say to her,
“I want this one particular boleo.”
- I mean you can, so you can lead
and in your lead request a specific boleo.
- But it’s very hard. It’s a very subtle thing.
- So I’m going to talk about some of the different leads
for the different boleos…
- ..realizing that in real life, you’ll be lucky
if you get exactly what you ask for.
- You want something even vaguely similar
and that’s a success.
- So first one, if I want her to do boleo along the ground,
instead of kicking up…
- ..I’ll push down and out.
- So the air boleo, if you look at my right arm
and my energy…
- ..I send it that way and I stop.
- But if I want it along the floor,
I’ll push down a little bit.
- So that was the air.
- That’s the floor.
- Yes, and I didn’t know which one
he was going to do first.
- Right, so that’s how it works.
- So there’s that versus that.
- There are other kinds and
we’re going to skip them for now...
- ..and we’re going to jump topics
and mention that…
- ..leaders, you’re responsible for the navigation.
- So as you’re dancing follower around the room...
- ..and you’re carefully not running her into people
and chairs and walls and stuff.
- You also want to be careful of running her foot
into people or chairs or walls.
- So when you lead a boleo, make sure that there’s sort of
nothing in the path of destruction and death.
- Path of destruction.