Elemen Permulaan Tambahan - Rocks
- Nama artis:
- Aníbal Troilo
- Tajuk lagu:
- A Fuego Lento
- Tajuk Album:
- A Fuego Lento
- Laman Web Artis:
(From Wikipedia): Anibal Troilo was a bandoneon player, composer, arranger and bandleader in Argentina. His orquesta típica was among the most popular with social dancers during the golden age of tango (1940-1955), but he changed to a concert sound by the late 1950s. Troilo's orchestra is best known for its instrumentals and also recorded with many vocalists.
- In this chapter, we’re going to teach you
how to rock.
- And to define, what is a rock?
- A rock is like this… where you’re just going
back and forth between your feet.
- But it’s remarkably hard actually.
- And unfortunately - yea-
- And unfortunately it’s one of those steps that really
you’re sort of expected to know earlier on.
- So we’re teaching it to you early,
even though you’ll suffer a little bit.
- It’s the best kind of suffering.
- So to begin with, as we rock...
- ..leaders, you want to make sure
you have a firm hold...
- ..so that your bodies move as one.
- And it will go forward, but not all the way…
- ..and back and not all the way.
- So you’ll just go backward and forward
between your feet.
- And it’s very common to turn softly as well.
- Now some comments.
- I want you to think about the rock almost like
water sloshing in a bowl.
- The water goes ‘Woosh, woosh.’
- And so you’ll go over and back
and over and back.
- And so you’ll see you’ll spend most of the time
actually at the ends...
- ..as you rush through the middle
like the water in the bowl.
- Now, some things to avoid.
- One thing is that often times the ladies will
go to their back foot too much.
- And then for the guys,
you don’t hold her tight enough.
- And we’ll show you the bad and
we’ll show you the good.
- Yes I’m good at this bad.
- Well you’re good at the good too.
- Yes, thank you.
- So here’s the bad and you see how
she’s pulling hard.
- So she’s pulling me back.
- It’s like “Whoa” and then he almost falls over
forward if he is not ready.
- So instead notice how as she goes back,
she still keeps her energy forward towards me.
- Not just my energy,
I keep my chest forward too.
- Yes, both.
- Now for the leaders, there’s this instinct...
- ..I hope it doesn’t make the microphone
make too much bad noise...
- ..but of not holding close enough
and tight enough.
- And so what happens is...
- ..if I don’t hold her very tight
and I’m sort of like this…
- ..as we rock it’s like “Boing, Boing.”
- D: She’s bouncing between -
N: This is not fun.
- N: That's enought of that.
D: She’s bouncing - yea.
- She’s bouncing between my back arm and my chest.
- And so it’s like “Bang, bang, bang, bang.”
- So instead think you hold her firmly.
- Really firmly.
- And then that way, there’s no slack or
looseness in the system...
- N: Banging.
D: ..so she doesn’t ricochet back and forth.
- As you’re practicing this at home,
even if you don’t have a partner…
- ..I want you to realize that the
quality of the embrace of your partner…
- .. that you can keep a tighter hold,
so there’s no slack
- ..or that for the ladies...
- ..that you can be conscious of staying forward
with your chest towards your partner…
- ..that you can do this even without a partner,
in your mind, and this counts.
- Watch, he’ll do it without a partner.
It’s a great idea.
- Not as fun as with a partner
but it works.
- See, you can see me right there.
- Right, I’m really holding someone
and then I rock.
- D: Or we can do it with a partner.
N: And now you can still see me rocking there.