Hiasan - For Leaders
- Nama artis:
- Judul lagu:
- Confidencias De Minha Rua
- Judul album:
- Situs artis:
(From google translated website): In acoustic format, a rich dialectic between the universal languages of Fado, Tango. The Portuguese guitar and accordian are dominant notes.
- So, for the leaders, you can do embellishments, as well.
- And, I'm not going to, we're not going to over as much detail, or exhaustively.
- D: Because it's hard enough as it is, right? You don't need it to be harder.
N: Leading is hard, yeah.
D: Leading is hard enough.
- But generically, the idea I want you to have as leaders, when you're embellishing,
- Is that you have the luxury of knowing what you're going to do, and of asking the lady to wait for you.
- That's true.
- N: It's easier for them as leaders.
D: So, for example, If I'm doing a basic, and I want to embellish, I might step side, and I'll hold in and down. To say, "Don't move".
- And then, I'll do my thing.
- And then, I'll go on.
- And so, I can take all that time. So, a follower, it's harder for her to take time.
- So that it communicates with you, and you're both together.
- You know, she, usually, should stay within the frame of the embrace. Or, of the lead and the follow.
- But for me, the first thing I want you to think of, leaders, is that when you step, you hold in and down.
- N: And that'll stop me.
D: Right, and then you'll have all the time in the world.
- And, once you hold in and down... And I'm going to exaggerate.
- N: Oh, boy! I'm not going any place.
D: Then, from here, you can do all this crazy foot stuff, or...
- N: They can't see it in that camera.
D: I know.
N: Oh, OK.
- D: They could. They saw my leg flash up.
- OK, don't move, mom. You can do all this crazy foot stuff. And then, they can see.
- So, I'll hold her down, and then...
- And she gets here at the cross. And, maybe, I touch her foot. I drag up her leg, down my own. Through. Whatever it is.
- So, remember that: you hold in and down. And, you can plant her.
- And, not only does that tell her not to move - it gives you the luxury.
- It gives you the advantage of being able to use this downward pressure for balance.
- D: While you're on one foot.
N: Well, was that cool?
D: Yeah, so it works for both.
N: I didn't think about that.
- That's very cool.