Elemen Lanjutan - Sit
- Nama artis:
- Eugenia Leon
- Judul lagu:
- Judul album:
- Album unknown
- Situs artis:
One of our favorite singers of the modern day.
- So the sit is actually one of my favorite,
I’m going to call it "tricks".
- It’s not too hard actually to do not badly at all.
- And then it’s ridiculously hard to do extremely well.
- Hopefully we’ll help get you more
towards the extremely well.
- Actually, there are a lot of things
in tango like that.
- From another angle?
- Yes, from another angle.
- And then just for kicks.
- So fundamentally, when you do this,
the initial part is about this opening away.
- So we step side and then we
open away from each other.
- Which for the leader is kind of a little counter intuitive.
- So we step side,
and then I’m actually opening her away from me…
- ..and me away from her.
- For the leaders, on your first step,
when you step side you’re stepping side past her…
- ..you want her left thigh to be
one foots width past her left thigh.
- Additionally, when you step side, you're going to step side
and a tiny hair forward towards her.
- So as step, you’ll be doing, this.
- And that lets your thigh go past her
and closer to her.
- So you see that the distance is narrowed.
- So I can end up sitting, leaning against him.
- From here, I’m going to open her body away,
so with my right arm, my right side…
- ..I’m going to push forward.
- So after that side that was bigger,
I push forward to get her to go away.
- But I actually open myself back,
which is a very strange coordination...
- ..to have the right hand go forward and the right chest go back.
- And likewise, for the followers, you’re doing that same opposite.
- I open up. I open my body up and then I push her away,...
- ..as I pull with my left arm so
we both pivot away from each other.
- And I’m pulling with my right arm, too, against him.
- And then, from there, we'll both step back onto both feet.
- You’ll see, if you look at it from this angle,
that when I step back…
- ..my left thigh is actually touching her right thigh.
- Well I’m actually leaning into him a little bit.
- The balance sometimes can be difficult
and there are typically two reasons.
- One reason is because it’s a difficult place to
balance without someone there.
- And, so, for both leader and follower,
leaders you can go…
- ..side, to your left, open up and plant back
and just can you be there comfortably by yourself?
- Notice how turned out my front foot is.
- And see how high his back heel is.
- For the followers, as you do this, often times
the instinct is not to pivot enough.
- So you want to make sure that both people
go back on a parallel line.
- See how our back legs are parallel to each other.
- And sometimes this shoulder gets tough
and if so you can just let go.
- Because it can go into the shoulder socket,
which is difficult.
- We’ll show it a couple of times.