Elemen Intermediate - Wrap
- Nama artis:
- Julia Zenko
- Judul lagu:
- Balada Para Un Loco
- Judul album:
- Tango Por Vos
- Situs artis:
One of our favorite singers of the modern day.
- Now we’re going to show you a wrap.
This is an iconic tango move.
- And in this wrap...
- ..what the leaders do is, you want to hook
with your right ankle behind her ankle.
- So we take a large sidestep.
- And likewise followers,
you’re doing the same.
- You take this sidestep
mirroring him and then
- he’ll hold you in this
lunge line - leaders.
- Until you’re here holding her down
in this lunge line-
- And once again we’re just waiting.
- Yes. Notice for the leaders,
I’m going to turn my left foot out...
- ..so I can shift over
even as with my arms...
- ..I’m holding her in place,
turning my body away...
- ..so that I can hook with my right leg.
- And followers, you’re just waiting
and being magnificent.
- So that’s a really big deal.
- The leaders need to understand that
the followers will wait..
- ..however long they need to so that
they be in a perfect position for this.
- And now I shift my body over,
but I don't - not hers.
- I turn my hips away but not hers.
- And then there’s plenty of time to hook
with my ankle behind hers.
- And then I shift her over her right leg
and lift up or down.
- And when I’m saying the word up or down,
up or down...
- ..it’s not my voice that’s leading her to lift her leg up.
- So if you look at my right arm,
I mean verbally it does work. It’s just not the goal.
- If you look at my right arm,
I’m going to exaggerate.
- The bottom line is his arm,
his right arm controls my free leg.
- ..and he’s going to me a very little idea...
- and I have to give him a lot
because he gave me a little.
- And, a point I would like to make is
that, for followers…
- ..so this can be more invasive
or less invasive.
- So you can be madly, passionately in love or
you can be like: he's sort of okay.
- And I’ll show you both.
- So this is going to be the guy’s leg,
here hooked around mine...
- ..and when I go to rub up adjusting his neck,
you’ll see at the bottom...
- ..my leg is along his and as it comes up,
it comes perpendicular.
- From another angle, you’ll notice that I am staying
straight up as I do this.
- And now, if I’m not that comfortable
with my very metallic partner...
- ..I might drag up like this.
- And you’ll see that I’m not really
touching the leg very much.
- N: Or at all.
D:Or at all.
- On the other hand, if we’re like an item...
- ..it might be...
- ..and you know, you can’t see the blush
for the metallic sheen.
- So you can do that at home.
- But what’s more the point is that
you can do it many ways.
- So some steps we’ll do will be
more personal or less personal.
- And I don’t want you to think that,
“Oh tango has to be this and it invades your space.”
- So there are two things.
- One thing is that your sense of personal space…
- ..to some extent comes from inside.
- But there’s a second thing which is,
you can adjust steps...
- ..to make them more or less personal.
- So if we show this one last time.