Erweiterte Elements - She Drags Him
- Raul Garello
- Che Buenos Aires
- Serie de Oro
(From the website): From 1963 until 1975, he played with Anibal Troilo´s Orchestra as a bandoneon player and arranger. He was the founder and leader of the Buenos Aires Tango Orchestra since 1980.
- I’m tempted to say – I’ll let myself say it.
- There’s the good news and then
there's the bad news.
- The good news is,
you already know half the step.
- Yes, that is good news.
- The bad news is you don’t know
the other half of the step and it aint easy.
- But it’s cool and the trick is finding the isolation.
- So, I’m going to start out telling you
the most important thing.
- I’m going to try to get in this habit
more often, actually.
- The most important thing here is
that the leg be connected to the body...
- ..and you get the coordination of the leader,
leading the follower's leg...
- ..and the follower moving her leg because the body moves.
- So, as you watch all this other stuff,
remember that this is the key point.
- So, the key point would look something like this.
- If her leg is here, forward, then I can move her
and her leg would move back.
- Right? So I pull her forward, the leg goes forward…
- ..I push he back, the leg goes back.
- And why does that happen? Because I move her body.
- It happens because he’s magic.
- Show the step.
- Or a different angle.
- And so, you’ll see that she’s dragging my leg
on this second step.
- The first part of it is exactly like the drag
we’ve already taught you.
- So, all of this you already know.
- But in the normal drag we took her up to a freno; instead of that...
- ...I’m going to step around her foot to my heels,
I’m going to pull her up.
- N: To my heels.
D: And we’ll both be…
- …a little bit to her heels
and we’ll both be a little back weighted.
- I’m going to open her body up by pulling
on her right arm, ladies resist…
- ..and pushing on her left side with my right,
so that she opens up –
- Which only works if I resist.
- And then from here, I can move her body that way...
- ..to my left with both arms,
to get her to drag me.
- So, the thing to practice, actually,
is just that last part.
- So, she’ll be here. I’ll have my foot here.
- Both of our back feet are roughly on the same line.
- And I’ll just push this way with both hands
and she will drag my leg.
- That only works if he’s got no weight on that leg.
- Yes, no weight on the legs for the leaders.
- And then we both come up.
- And then, you know, this can be how you walk through the grocery store
where you just, sort of,can alternate legs.
- Once you’re here you can go with either leg.
- You can step here with his left and he can drag her...
- ..or he can step with his right and she can drag him.
- Isn’t that cool?