Mediji Vuelta - Intermedijarni - In Honor Of Orlando Paiva
- Ime izvođača:
- Michael Allen Harrison
- Naslov pjesme:
- Tango Moon
- Naslov albuma:
- Web stranica autora:
From the artist's website: Michael Allen Harrison delivers music to the heart. His classical contemporary style carves a distinct niche of timeless music that has connected with so many during his two and a half decade career.
- We think Orlando Paiva, Sr. who choreographed
that particular vuelta...
- ..is, speaking conseratively, one of the greatest
tango choreographers of all time.
- He also had a really beautiful style
of dancing himself.
- And if you've seen the movie
- ..he has a reasonably long dance in the movie.
- We think he is wonderful.
- In the grave, that is.
He's not currently living.
- He's still wonderful.
- D: Love you.
N: Love you.
- D: Starts with a media vuelta...
- ..instead of two steps back, one step back.
And I'm going to rotate this a little bit.
- One step back.
- Now, I'm going to place my right foot,
- ..but close to her right foot.
- Then I'm going to over pivot her...
- And when I over pivot, then I can step
around his foot.
- Instead of over it.
- So it's a freno with a different kind of styling.
- So right here, with my back arm...
- I reach around.
I really make sure she's pivoted...
- ..so I can encourage her to go
forward and around.
- Then with my back arm, still flat on her back,
we take her another forward step.
- You need to remember when you're
- ..to lead that forward step very strongly...
- ..because it's counter-intuitive. Woman are used to
stepping over and pivoting to face.
- And here, you want her to take another step forward.
- So you get a good hold and you lead it,
so that she knows you really mean it.
- Meaning that you take your right forearm
and you place it flat on her back.
- And then this forearm which is -
let me rotate you...
- - which is on her back, but lower of course,
stays in the same place as you rotate her.
- And so that keeps her walking forward.
- Oh that was cool.
I certainly didn't have any choice.
- Now right here, for this beat...
- ..we pivot us both, and then after she's just past half
or approaching - facing that is...
- I'm going to pull in a little bit,
as if it were an ocho cortado...
- ..to get her to beat her left leg over her right.
As I beat behind to match.
- And that's how come we have
such perfect - perfectly together timing.