ukrasima - At the Freno
- Ime izvođača:
- Jaime Wilensky
- Naslov pjesme:
- Aquella Noche
- Naslov albuma:
- Tango Nuevo 2
(From Latinpulsemusic.com): This is nuevo "electrified" tango produced and arranged by Jaime Wilensky. Aquella Noche is a tango with a gothic sound and theme.
- Every time we have way too many women in the class,
- Or we don't know what to do to keep the class really happy,
- The answer is...It never fails if we teach embellishments.
- And I have this thing, because I think that people embellish too much.
- But, at least, if they're going to embellish, they should embellish in a way that looks beautiful.
- So, what we're going to do now, is show you a ton of embellishments, in certain different circumstances.
- And you can pick them off and practice them. And a few of them, we'll give you more technique about.
- But we just want to show you a lot.
- Now, and remember, and the rule of thumb: in a song, you want to do... two embellishments, maybe.
- And two is one too many, yes.
- So, less is more. But if you're going to do it, do it well.
- So, these are embellishments at the freno.
- D: You know, he checks his watch.
N: Ha-ha, there were a lot of them.
- So, if we go over those, just numbering them. So, the first one. I'm the girl now.
- D: Actually, the first one, is you drag up his leg. Right? So, you're here...
N: Oh, watch my skirt there.
- D: OK, she drags up my leg.
N: Yeah, he always wants to do this, but with a skirt, it's a little difficult.
- It's just you flex your foot, and then with the top of your foot, you go up his leg.
- Make sure he can really feel it, or it doesn't count.
- N: And don't go too fast, this doesn't have as much impact.
D: Ha-ha-ha, Yeah!
- "You OK?" It doesn't... It's not the same.
- And another one.
- And another one. From there, you might do a boleo, which is what she did first.
- D: So, you're in a freno. And you can just pivot, on the ball of the foot. Throw back; bang; boleo. Come back.
N: And this is just an embellishment.
- N: It's not led. You were going to show some?
D: Oh, yes.
- So, from here, I mean, you can do a lot of stuff.
- So, there's... First there's what you do before you walk over. You can hit the back foot first.
- Cut behind yourself. Touch his leg. Roll up. Go up your own leg.
- D: There I'm going foot along my leg.
N: With the knee pointing over.
- Walk over; you check, maybe. Beat over; kick over.
- D: Here, this is in the hips.
N: Yeah, that's important that it be the hips to drive that.
- Right now, small circle. Small lean away, if you know that he's balanced.
- You can't see it at that angle. But, for example, over here,
- After I came back, and I beat, I did a small lean away, if I knew he was good for it.
- So, a lot of things.
- So, I'm going to show each one of a large number of embellishments slowly. But I only going to show it once, and talk about it once.
- And then you can just watch that segment often, and practice it. So, for example:
- First one, you can drag up along the guys leg.
- Because she has a skirt, I'm going to use a chair, as a proxy for a leg.
- Or, you know, if you're at home.
- Here's the guys leg. You can drag with the top of your ankle, up along his leg, and then, down along his leg.
- It was better with a... with a light, with a real leg.
- Different thing is that, when he's here, in the freno, you can boleo yourself.
- Remember, tighten the thighs, pivot on the ball of the foot. Or, you can do other kinds of boleo, yourself.
- N: Actually, with that one, you... Can't you hook my leg?
D: Depending, right? So, I can pivot; hook around her foot, even; and come back. Or, his foot.
- When you walk over, you can make that special. You can drag up along your own leg. Notice, my foot is pointed.
- You walk over. As long as you don't shift, and as long as you're hold him down, he won't move. You can take that time to do other things.
- If I kick up, you can kick straight up. Or, you can kick, bending the knee.
- As I'm there, I can pivot in and out. I drive that from my hips.
- You should do the flick, because everybody in the world does the flick.
- D: You can do a flick, if you like. But everyone in the world does it, so don't.
N: Well, they don't do it that way.
- So, you can get to the end, and circle with the foot. And then, you can come back.
- Once again, for practice - that's fine. But if you do each one of those, after...
- The leader waiting for you, for... Who knows, he's looking at his watch, you know.
- D: And the song finishes...
N: Do one. In a song, do one, at one freno.
- And then, in a different song, do a different one. So, you'll have this whole group of them.
- But just don't throw them all in at once. Then you use them up.