Stvaranje magije - How Space Gives Meaning
- Ime izvođača:
- Manuel Barrueco
- Naslov pjesme:
- Five Pieces - 3- Acentuado
- Naslov albuma:
- Solo Piazzolla
- Web stranica autora:
From the artist's website: Manuel Barrueco is internationally recognized as one of the most important guitarists of our time. His unique artistry has been continually described as that of a superb instrumentalist and a superior and elegant musician, possessing a seductive sound and uncommon lyrical gifts....In 2007 Manuel Barrueco received a Grammy nomination for the “Best Instrumental Soloist Performance” for his Solo Piazzolla, which was the first recording to be released on the exclusive Manuel Barrueco Collection on Tonar Music.
- Here, I'm open. I'm away from her. Here, I'm closed, and I'm to her.
- One, is the facing... You just stay.
- So, one is the facing of my chest closing. And the other is my head completing...
- ...Thie shape, the encompassing of the distance between us.
- And so, as I dance, I'm aware, in my chest and in my face, of the shape between us. Of the negative space, and of her.
- D: And then, as I shift around, I stay to that.
N: That's really interesting. The idea of negative space.
D: And so, this is thick.
- So, when we talk about how space gives meaning, there is one sense, you can say space gives meaning, over here.
- N: Hi.
D: Over here. Over here.
D: Different spaces.
- But, you can also say, there's this space which is giving meaning to what we do.
- And that, as this space changes,
- It's a rich and textured experience. And, actually, that was a terrible angle. So, let's do that again.
- So, as this space changes here,
- Then that's a rich and textured thing.
- And then, what's more is you can take this and you can map it on to the way you, for example, take a side step.
- So, you can say, that if we're this intimately aware of this. Of this distance between us,
- Or, if we're so aware of this space between us, as it changes its shape.
- Shape. And bubbles and boils. We can also be aware of the way...
- ...In our feet, things happen.
- Which we didn't get in that camera, by the way.
- It's something like when I teach classical dancing, I teach that the fact that the air is heavy.
- And it's got... When we move through air, we need to feel the weight of the air, as we go.
- And it's kind of what he's... Sort of, what he's talking about with giving value to the space between us, as well.
- So, if you see me carve a shape,
- D: You have this sense of the shape having its own existence.
N: I like that.