Rječnik - Uzmi 2 - vođe - Gancho
- Ime izvođača:
- Pablo Banchero
- Naslov pjesme:
- Cabo Polonio
- Naslov albuma:
- Tangos Nuevos - Modales y Finura
- Web stranica autora:
One of our favorite singers of the modern day.
- Now the freno, the chapter we just did,
was one of the easiest chapters…
- ..and the gancho, the chapter we’re going to do now
is one of the hardest.
- But also, it has lots of extra cool factor,
so that sort of makes up for it.
- Some additional technique.
- Before I told you, leaders,
that you want to have your heel popped...
- ..and your leg turned out to create room.
- Something I forgot to tell you was that a lot of leaders
have their other leg bent.
- And so if you’re like this, with your legs here...
- ..there’s no room,
even though your heel is popped.
- So you want to make sure your other leg is straight
so you can create this space.
- As we get there...
- ..you’ll see that there are also
multiple leg positions.
- So the leg position we taught you earlier
was from here...
- ..that you can move your foot out of the way
behind her leg -
- And that’s how I lead it.
- And then have plenty of space.
- However, there’s actually three typical places.
- One place, is actually just to leave
the leg there.
- It’s harder on the balance but it's actually
more natural for foot positioning...
- ..because your foot is already there.
- A second place is after she walks over,
to move it sideways with her.
- One advantage of this is it means
you have no risk of being under her heel.
- You just go side and you feel her foot.
- And women always worry about that.
- The final thing I want you to think about, leaders,
- ..actually no. One of the few final things.
- I’m famous in class with this,
“The final, final, final thing.”
- ...is that you can go to her,
so that you want to support her with your body.
- If she is in a precarious position and
I’m holding her just this little lightly…
- ..she’s not going to feel very safe.
- But if she is in a precarious position
and I have her like this…
- ..with my whole body supporting her,
she’ll feel a lot more secure.
- So when she goes to do this gancho on one foot
and a tough kick…
- ..you’ll see that wherever I go, I’ll bring my body
so that my body is on one side...
- ..and my arm on the other clamping her in place
which makes her feel very safe.
- And this idea of me bringing my body to her
is very freeing because…
- ..it also means that no matter where she steps,
you can do it.
- So if we're here and she steps way far away...
- ..take three steps, one, two three
and she steps there…
- ..but turn to face me.
She steps there to do the gancho…
- ..I can be like, yes let’s do a gancho
and it works fine, right?
- So there’s this idea that
you can go to her and it will work fine.