Więcej w Leanie - Volcada
- Nazwa wykonawcy:
- Diego el Cigala
- Tytuł piosenki:
- Tomo y Obligo
- Tytuł albumu:
- Cigala & Tango
- Strona artysty:
Diego el Cigala sings tango, but also many other genres. He is a Latin Grammy winner.
- So, when I first learned the Volcada,
it was described to me as this is cool step.
- This is the 'in' step of right now.
- And, certainly, it still had a little bit of that cachet…
- ..that this is one of those steps
that all of the advanced dancers should know.
- So, now we’ll teach you.
- And, as you watch this, you could say to yourself…
- ..”Well how does she know to move her leg?”
- So, it starts like a normal lean,
then, as I begin to shift to my left…
- ..I pull just a hair further back,
and then I also pull in and up with my right arm.
- N: Just a hair.
D: Just a hair…
- ..and that opens her leg forward.
And now I shift her straight back.
- And I do that shifting by
moving my own center of gravity forward.
- So, if I describe this in my own body, I say,
the lead, so I go side, I create a lean.
- Now, as I step side, I’m going to pull in
and up going a hair back.
- And then when I want her to cross,
I'll shift my own body weight forward and take a step.
- For the followers, as you do this,
I want you to find the connection once again between…
- ..the left side of your body, so that when he pulls,
you can feel that relationship between this and that leg.
- Which is similar to what we were teaching before.
- Yes, it all comes together.
- So my experience of it is, he gives me this little tiny lead
and that gets my foot to go forward.
- But it’s his own body that takes my foot back.
- So I really don’t have to do anything to make that happen.
It happens by magic.
- Another thing to think about, for the leaders,
is the way you’re going to go around her on that side step.
- So, if I break this step down, we have side...
- ..I slowly go back on my right foot, leaning forward left.
- So this is just like a normal lean.
- Now with my left foot, I’m going to step around her,
but I step in the circle around her.
- And so there’s that sense of this.
- And as I step around,
you’ll see I turn my chest to my right.
- So, from the lean, I do this or from a different angle,
Once I'm in the lean, I turn right.
- And that turn to the right keeps her body stabilized
because we go around…
- ..there’s this instinct for her to want to fall
that direction and I put my chest in the way.
- Do it once bigger.
- Once bigger.
- See, that’s fun.