Elementy pośrednie - Freno
- Nazwa wykonawcy:
- Eugenia Leon
- Tytuł piosenki:
- Tytuł albumu:
- Album unknown
- Strona artysty:
One of our favorite singers of the modern day.
- We’re going to show you the Freno.
It’s traditionally a step where the - which means brake.
- So the guy puts his leg out and the woman stops.
- And traditionally, this is a step where the woman can
take over and do stuff...
- ..which we’ll show in later chapters.
- So this chapter is just the freno in its pure form.
- Or from another angle.
- And it looks deceptively easy.
- It's not crazy hard,
but it's not crazy easy either.
- N: It’s not crazy hard.
- As you step side for the leaders,
you want to make sure that you isolate in your right hip socket.
- So I out step her a little bit and I extend my right leg.
- She collects and then I pivot her,
without putting any weight on my right leg...
- ..and she’ll come, she’ll hit my shin with her shin
or her ankle...
- ..walk over at her leisure and then at that point,
I take over the lead.
- So her walkover is whenever she wants.
- And then once that happens then I take over the lead.
- And until that happens, his only job is to look enchanted
while I wait until I feel like stepping over.
- So for example...
- I’m busy looking enchanted.
- And I step over when I want.
- And this is one of those rare places
in Argentine Tango...
- ..where we actually say,
the woman has in some sense the lead.
- And this is a custom that right there we tell the story...
- ..that if I were to pull her over
she might trip over my leg.
- Now it would never happen,
but that’s the story that’s told.
- So some things not to do.
- And then I say, “Why don’t you walk over my leg.”
- Right and the leg keeps moving.
- So for the guys you want to think that after you take this sidestep...
- ..or from this angle if you put your leg out here,
she won’t be able to get to it.
- It’s worse you move it further away.
- So instead...
- ..you step side and then I’m going to bring my foot to her...
- ..where ever she is, so she can feel it.
- And by the same token, when I come into his leg...
- ..I’m going to make sure he feels my foot.
- Because he is not supposed to be looking down like that.
- Right, I’ll be feeling for her left shin...
- ..or like I’ll wait for her or her left ankle
depending on where he puts his foot.
- So if you look at her leg right there you’ll see it connects.
- Otherwise he has no way of knowing that I got there.
- She walks over, at that point I take over,
I’m going to bring my foot back...
- ..change my weight and then
rotate her back to face me.
- Now for the ladies,
there's this horrible thing that a lot of women do.
- And it’s sort of like,
walking over his leg like you’re an elephant.
- And I don’t want you to do that.
- Elephants don’t even walk this way.
This is people pretending to be elephants.
- So if I’m the girl and she puts her leg out...
- ..this is what a lot of women do.
They get here and they’re like…
- They don’t do that.
- Well I am exaggerating horribly.
- N: You are.
D: But the point is, when you bring your leg over...
- ..I want you to shape and then come back.
- So think: "make that walk over very deliberate."
- The other thing women do do much more often
is when they step over...
- ..they step over very close.
- And if you step over very close,
then it is really hard to pivot to face.
- And what's more, the leader might have something that
continues your travel...
- ... and it'll make the travel harder.
- So what we want to do is step over
to what feels like fairly far away...
- ..so we make a triangle with his feet.
- And then when we step we end right in front of him.
- Keeping the distance the same.
- And another thing, for the leaders,
that typically goes wrong is...
- ..after we take the side step here,
she’s going to want to pivot on her right foot.
- And if I am standing with all my weight right here,
she won’t be able to pivot.
- And if I am doing the part of the girl,
if you look at my feet...
- ..and I’m the girl, the leader’s foot is right here
and he has weight on it...
- ...then she’ll end up pivoting like this
and then she’ll try to walk over.
- And it is not the most attractive of things.
- So instead you want to make sure that you have weight
so that your foot can actually move.
- So if you look at our feet right here,
my foot, after she steps side...
- ..she’ll pivot and my foot moves just a little bit
to accommodate her pivot.