Dodatkowe elementy początkowe - Media Vuelta
- Nazwa wykonawcy:
- Aníbal Troilo
- Tytuł piosenki:
- Pa' Que Bailen Los Muchachos
- Tytuł albumu:
- Como Yo Lo Siento
- Strona artysty:
(From Wikipedia): Anibal Troilo was a bandoneon player, composer, arranger and bandleader in Argentina. His orquesta típica was among the most popular with social dancers during the golden age of tango (1940-1955), but he changed to a concert sound by the late 1950s. Troilo's orchestra is best known for its instrumentals and also recorded with many vocalists.
- In this chapter we’ll be teaching the Media Vuelta,
which is a step we love...
- ..and it is so - the moment of pivot
is really special...
- And so we’ll spend time on that.
- Here’s a preview.
- Or again.
- If we break it down, it starts with -
the first two steps are like the basic;
- Side and then forward for him or
side and back for her.
- Different angle, same thing.
- It starts side and then goes through your partner.
- Now here after that,
- I’m going to turn a little bit to my left and
she’ll step just barely around me.
- I’ll turn a little bit more and
she’ll step around me again.
- And for the followers as that happens...
- ..I want you to imagine that
it’s almost as if you’re going from...
- ..one side of his face to the other.
- That if you’re here, you go from this side of his face
to the other side of his face.
- And that means it’s a very small step.
- So we have side, through,
she goes to the other side of my face.
- I turn my body to my left, very little.
I turn again to my left.
- She comes around me and then she stands static
as I pivot her.
- Let’s do that again.
- So it goes, side, through her, small turn...
- ..she goes around me, turn...
- ..and then we exit together,
which are the last two steps.
- So on the last two steps, after that turn,
he goes back two times.
- So showing you the whole thing.
- And she does straight through me,
but on the outside.
- Now there are two things that I want to call out,
as things that you would like to avoid.
- One of them is for the follower to go
horribly away from the leader.
- Well there are more than two actually.
- Okay, so we’ll call out more than two things.
- And all of a sudden, where did she go?
- She went away.
And then she went further away.
- I need a fog horn to talk with her.
- "Hello out there."
- There’s another thing the follower does,
that’s really not good which is...
- ..because she thinks she need to take a small sidestep,
she throws it away.
- But she doesn’t take sidesteps at all.
- D: And so for the guy...
- ..what I really want to emphasize, is that this is about the rotation
of your hips and your chest.
- That you’re here, the follower is here and then see
how this is about my body turning.
- I’m not moving my arms. My arms move,
but not a ton.
- Because the instinct is that you have the girl
and you step side, forward and then you say...
- ..“Oh move here.”
And that’s all in your arms.
- And so instead I want you to step side, forward.
I want you to say...
- ..“Oh, why don’t you come here?
Why don’t you come here?"
- "Why don’t you,”
and then we’ll turn together.
- D: And you see that -
N: That’s why I said it was very little pivot to begin with...
- ..to get the woman to step side and front.
- Because you want to save most of your pivot
to do with her, which is the really cool part.
- We want to do a close up.
- I think I got us a close up actually.
- Step a little more to your right.
- So carrying on, the next thought that
I want you to have is...
- ..that when you practice and when you dance in general,
it’s important to focus on having enough clarity.
- What am I doing at this point in time?
- So when you practice, don’t do it too fast.
- So a lot of people practice like this.
They’ll do this.
- And it’s sloppy.
- Yes it’s sloppy,
all the steps run together.
- Too fast.
- And then they say, "Well, but I"ll" do it 100 times.”
- And you don’t want to do the bad thing a 100 times.
- It’s sort of like ingraining the bad more.
- So instead think that you’ll take your time...
- ..and you’ll make each movement clear
and then go on to the next.
- There’s the side step, forward,
she goes around me, around me.
- I’m turning her with my rotation of my torso
- She goes through me, just barely outside
and then we take those two steps.
- So we each know exactly how we’re going to step.
- So when you practice this,
practice it mindfully and take your time.