Ćwiczenia w domu - Practicing the Lean With a Partner
- Nazwa wykonawcy:
- Eduardo Rovira
- Tytuł piosenki:
- Majo Maju
- Tytuł albumu:
- Que Lo Paren
(From google translated wikipedia): Bandoneon player , arranger and composer, Rovira was the creator of about 200 tangos. Rovira was a pioneer in the use of electrical distortion in the sound of the bandoneon.
- In this chapter, we’re going to give you a
few exercises to help make your leans better.
- And, while this series is about
practicing at home…
- ..this one is practicing at home
with someone else.
- So, what I want to start with, is this idea that
the lean in tango...
- ..is the same as the lean not in tango.
- That’s right.
- Yes, it’s all the same.
- So if you were leaning and it’s not tango,
you'd be here…
- ..and you'd be like, "oh". Do this with a wall
I want you to just go find a wall and lean.
- And you feel very relaxed and very comfortable
and it’s not hard.
- Or you know you could do it with both.
- And then after you do this,
I want you to find a partner…
- D: Hi partner.
- D: And I want your partner to become a wall.
N: Hi. Fancy meeting you here.
- And then I want you to lean against them
the same way you would lean against a wall...
- ..which takes a certain amount of trust.
- You have to sort of believe
that they’ll hold you up.
- And then you can lean in turn configurations.
- So that’s exercise number one;
lean against a wall or a ballet bar.
- D: This time you have the good equipment.
N: And either one of you can do that.
- Either the follower or the leader it’s the same.
- Yes, it’s the same for both.
- And then lean against someone and
then feel what that feels like.
- Then after that, I want one person
to lean against the wall...
- ..and the other person to look at their body
to make sure that it’s straight.
- So, because we say it’s a lot like a plank...
- ..and you’re here doing your plank,
and your back is straight, right?
- You don’t want to be here...
- .. and you don’t want to be here.
- So, you do the same plank, but against a wall.
- And then I want you to do this with a friend...
- ..and the friend can look at you and
say, "is that straight?"
- Right. And what we’re going to measure is
through the center of his thigh,
- All the way down. That’s what we want to be straight,
the very center there.
- So, I go and I look, and of course it's David,
so it’s completely straight.
- N: Show a not so straight.
D: Is my neck completely straight?
- You’re straight.
- Show a not so straight.
- I’m going to do it subtle this time.
- So okay, so now I would look
and if I took the centre of his thigh...
- ..this way, I would see right here,
it’s not straight.
- So I say, "You have to tuck in a little bit to get straight,"
- So, you can give each other feedback.
- Final exercise - two, two final exercises
- The final final exercise.
- D: No, we're not there yet.
- This is only the first final exercise.
- As we lean, I want the followers to have this experience
almost as if they’re pushing.
- So I’m going to brace her.
I’m just going to go back very slowly…
- ..but as I go back, I want her to
consciously be pushing.
- He wants me to push from my chest.
- D: Yes
N: Which I'm doing.
- Because what happens is, if you don’t learn
how to push with your chest,...
- D: ..you feel off balance.
- And that will let you relax,
being able to actually, in a lean, push forward.
- I’m really trying to push.
- It, actually wouldn’t be a bad exercise.
- Do this once with a slight push - do it once
with a big push, just so you feel what it's like.
- Here's the final final exercise.
- "Final final final," this is what we do
in class the whole time.
- And for the leaders, this, unfortunately,
is a terribly hard thing...
- ..and involves lots of suffering…
- ..but it builds characters, so it’s okay.
- What I want you to do is I want you to
push forward while you go back.
- So, the thing is, as you go back,
as I do any sort of lean, as I’m going back…
- ..with my foot, I have to be
going forward with my chest.
- So, if I do this, if I go back with the foot
and I go back with the chest…
- ..you see all the space down there.
- She won’t fall,
but it will be very unpleasant.
- Or she won’t go.
- D: Or she won't go. One of the two.
N: Depending on the follower.
- So you’ll see, maybe I’ll put my foot out there.
- But as I go back, you’ll see my chest
doesn’t move back that much.
- And the sensation…
- He has to keep feeling like he's pushing me.
- ..is that I’m pushing forward,
even though that’s not the actual case.
- So, what I want to do now,
is I want to have the followers push on the leader…
- ..both hands like this, one foot forward.
- You’re not going to be leaning, followers.
- And for the leaders, as you go back,
I want you -
- ...followers, as they go back, I want you to
push more so they have to push more.
- So, push harder and harder as I start to go back.
- So, I get this sensation of the resistance
that I have to apply as I go further back.
- That’s pretty hard.
- Yes. So a large collection of exercises to improve your leans.