Ganchos，Boleos和Kicks - 中级 - Kick Between The Legs
From website: My Name is Momo Smitt, I am an independently funded/promoted hip hop artist based in Portland, OR. My music covers a wide range of topics from recovery and personal growth to political and environmental issues. Though much of my music is expressed from a first person perspective of opinions and feelings, I also tend to take a narrative, story-telling approach while detailing my experiences through the role of "observer".
- That’s kind of kooky and fun.
- I agree.
- Breaking it down; we go side together,
- Here as I go forward I go momentum, catch.
- So I throw to give her momentum
and as I am doing that...
- ..I’m counterweighting with my body.
I’m exaggerating here.
- Do that again.
That’s hard to coordinate.
- So it’s side, forward, throw, catch.
- So you see I rock back to my heel...
- ..and then I step when she hits the peak
of her boleo.
- And he’s calling this back thing,
it’s a back boleo.
- A linear boleo.
- So I pull back as I’m sending her out.
So you see my arms extend a little bit.
- I’m exaggerating right now so it’s easier to see.
- And - go for it.
- I was thinking that it’s very important when we kick forward,
for us to end sharply.
- So if we kick forward and we keep on going,
can you show that in that camera?
- Just kick forward and keep on going.
- No I didn’t mean that. I just meant that the leg
kind of didn’t have an ending to it.
- It just loses a lot of it’s specialness.
- So instead of going pop in,
you go - .
- And it just stutters away like a boat or something,
when the motor dies.
- Now the women will never do that.
- You just want a really sharp ending to it.
- Which means you’re going to tense all of the
top muscles on your leg...
- ..all the way down from the top of the thigh.
- So we have the throw and then
after it hits your body ladies….
- ..then it goes into your leg.
And then we’ll throw back, leaders.
- So you see I bring her towards me
and I lean forward.
- And then that throws her leg forward
as I’m pulling her towards me…
- ..and as I lean back,
that’s the ending of that kick.