更多与甘蔗 - 高级 - Gancho - Is It Boleo Or Is It Gancho?
Complex tangos sung in both spanish and yiddish with great authenticity.From artist's website about one album: Tells the story of piringundines, from German cabaret to the Buenos Aires tango venue, and with the tango it will take us through a history of crossed destinies, and misunderstandings, love, and forget that we identifys as Argentinians.
- We want to start by explaining that we were looking around for a gancho...
- ..that would work when it was very crowded.
- And so David was working it out with Patti
and decided that we should call this...
- ..the 'Don’t hit Alex' gancho.
- So show the ‘Don’t hit Alex’ gancho.
- Go for it, go for it.
- Alex will show the 'Don’t hit Alex' gancho.
- Actually I should – so this is Alex and here is the 'Don’t hit Alex' boleo.
- There’s Alex. There’s the boleo.
- You might hear a little bit of static
as she hits the mic but that’s okay.
- So, come to this side, Alex, other side, so they can see, once again
- ..the “Don’t hit Alex” -
- So Alex is right here
and David is feeling very risqué.
- Don’t do this, by the way, unless you know you’re really good,
you know your follower knows it...
- ..and you know that the fellow on the other side
won't mind if you kick him.
- Anyway… with all that said.
- So there’s the ‘Don’t hit Alex boleo.’
- And then, if we pivot her a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot,
then there's the 'don’t hit Alex gancho'.
- With Alex right there.
- So, if you show it without me being so silly.
- David not so silly, can you believe it?
- When is David ever silly?
- That was nice.
- So first, forget the gancho, just do the boleo.
- Watch how much she turns.
- Watch how much he turns her.
It pivots and then it pivots more, bang.
- So, I want you to think there's a two stage pivot.
- It gets here, there’s stage one. And then, let the arms adjust.
- Actually, I'm going to even pull this hand back, so, with them, it works fine,
but, it depends on who you’re dancing with.
- So pull that arm back even more.
Them, it’s fine. But in general it's good to...
- And then, the boleo can be so close,
that she could even kick him in the butt.
- I’m going to kick you in the butt if you do that.
- I don’t know if that’s the goal, dear.
- She was trying, she's like – well here, just for fun.
- Alex, get into line.
- So, anyway, sorry.
- N: He is in line.
D: I know, he is. He’s really a darling.
- So, there’s the boleo. Pivots,
pivots more, goes back, kicks.
- And then, if you want the gancho, for the leader
you’re just going to basically stick your leg right past that path.
- Now, as that happens, for the followers,
it’s always true but it’s especially true here...
- ...you want to stay collected until the very end, bang.
- Because if you're not collected as you go,
then you'll hit the leg as you’re pivoting.
- Do the wrong patti, don’t collect.
- And then…
- Oh, what happened? And we have a nice close up
of the feet for that too.
- Do you really?
- D: Yes.
N: Oh wow.
- Alright so one last time, there, over pivots,
he puts his leg in, bang, they come back.
- Very good. Very good.