Ara Elemanlar - Drag
- Sanatçı adı:
- Julia Zenko
- ŞARKI ADI:
- Sin Piel
- Albüm Başlığı:
- Tango Por Vos
- Sanatçı Web Sitesi:
One of our favorite singers of the modern day.
- Now we’re going to show you a drag...
- ..which is going to be the third step
in your Introduction to Intermediate Vocabulary
- So it starts very similar to the front ocho.
- We’ll both step side.
- Here - or back ocho; I’ll pull rotating my chest to my left,
so she rotates.
- And I keep going and then eventually
she’ll step in the circle around me.
- I’ll stop her while she’s on both feet
using my hands to keep her from going backwards...
- ..freeing my right leg to grab her foot.
- So if you see that again.
- I rotate her, she pivots way around me.
- For the ladies notice how much she pivoted.
- Leaders, I shift all my weight to my left foot...
- ..so my right foot is free to grab her foot.
- Show that at another angle.
- And once again, for the ladies
it will feel like a lot of pivot.
- It is a lot of pivot David.
- She’s like, "You won't feel like it, it is."
- So if I lead that again, you’ve got side,
I pivot her a bunch and then more.
- And then finally she steps back around me.
- I stop on both feet, shift my weight to my left foot,
so my right foot is free to grab her foot.
- Now from here...
- I’m going to shift her back so she’s balanced on her left foot
so we can drag her right foot.
- Now for the ladies, you’ll see that
when I collect my legs...
- ..I bend my knees, bring the foot in angling
and then push out.
- So that when I am being dragged,
it goes through this beautiful arc.
- So we’ve got side, she pivots a lot.
- He stops her, grabs the foot,
shifts her back to her foot...
- ..so her leg is free to drag
and then we’ll bring her up to the freno.
- She’ll walk over and we’ll exit as earlier
or you can do a Gancho; previous chapter.
- Now some comments.
- Why do we tell you to do it this way?
- And that’s because if you -
ladies if you don’t stay close...
- ..the reason I’m emphasizing that it's big pivot for her...
- ..or for the leaders,
that you need to take her around in a big pivot...
- ..is because if you don’t, she’ll end up really far away
which is not the tango way.
- For example.
- N: Yes it’s a fun one to show them.
D: What I do for my students...
- ..So we're here, I pivot her, she's
- wrong angle.
- One more time.
- I’m here, I pivot her and she goes that way
and I’m over here and then I grab her foot.
- I can still grab her foot.
We can sort of reach each other.
- And then I go to drag,
and you know, "I can make it."
- I can make it. And then I’m stuck.
- So for the leaders if you’re here and you pivot her
and she steps over there...
- ..maybe you can drag the foot,
but you can’t really drag it out.
- And then you’re stuck here
with your feet really wide.
- So instead, for the followers, you want to think
you want to go in this circle around the guy...
- ...which is why there is so much pivot.
- That was good.
- Eventually, once you get really comfortable with it
you can do it all as one motion.
- So instead of stopping her, you’ll get her going...
- ..and then you’ll just grab the leg along the way.
- N: And we can do it more than once.
D: One more time. Right -
- - for that matter while we’re at it,
once you’re here you can just keep her going...
- ..and just keep grabbing the leg
and then flip back and grab the leg.
- And then instead of once,
you’ll do a double flick up.