İlk Dansınız - Front Ochos
Lütfen oturum aç bilginizi test etmeye başlamak için!
- Sanatçı adı:
- Anibal Troilo
- ŞARKI ADI:
- A Fuego Lento
- Albüm Başlığı:
- A Fuego Lento
Anibal Troilo had a somewhat more lyrical style, and is of the "Golden Age" of tango music ( mid 1930s to mid 1950s). One of the more common people to hear played in Milongas.
- Front Ochos; looks like this...
- Different angle.
- So, we'll break it down.
- It begins with a side step and then a weight change,
for the guy.
- And ladies you just step side and stay there.
- And we wait... just like that.
- There's the side step.
Here's his weight change.
- And the way that she knows not to take a weight change;
- If you look at my right arm,
I'll step side.
- Now when I take my weight change,
my arm doesn't move.
- If I go side like this and then I move my arms,
she'll weight change with me.
- So I have to make sure
the forearm doesn't move.
- That's the beginning; side,
he changes weight.
- After that, we have a pivot rotating through his abs,
she's on the ball of her foot and a step.
- A pivot and a step.
- We'll do three of them for now.
In practice you can do any odd number.
- Between two and four.
- Ladies, when you step side, I want you to think that
you stay very long and tall, on your right side.
- So you have this length here and then he pivots you
and then you go.
- And when you go make sure you shift all the way,
to the ball of the foot.
- All the way over and then you pivot again.
- So for the ladies you have, side,
he changes, she doesn't.
- We have this pivot. She's on the ball of her foot.
- She steps forward all the way over
and then pivots.
- Oh and I pivot a lot.
- And at the very end, I'll pull her to face me.
- She thinks not of pivoting, but of standing still
and then he'll motivate the pivot
- and create this turn through the rotation of his midsection.
- There are also a few things that
we don't want you to do.
- D: So moving to a new topic
- Yeah, the bad ones.
- I'm not going to like this part.
- So for the guys, when you're leading,
you don't want to think you're steering a ship.
- So it's not - it's not like this.
- This isn't how you get her to do Ochos.
- This is you, steering into the Rocky Shores
and the ship disintegrates.
- Mom's like "Bad imagery."
- So if I do the bad, let's see what's
a good angle for you.
- I'll step side and to pivot her, if I do this,
she's not turning.
- You want to think of a beautiful jewel
- a wonderfully valuable top.
- And so it's about going around her axis like this.
- So as I step side here, after I change weight,
I pivot her by going around her and we step.
- And then here, once again I pivot her by
going around and stepping.
- So it's not this motion, but rather this motion.
- And for the followers what happens is, when you step forward,
you don't get all the way.
- So if I'm being the girl and she is the guy -
- N: I could do a good bad
D: I know you can, you just wouldn't like it.
- So if I don't get all the way over the foot
and then I try to pivot...
- It doesn't look so good and then we pivot again.
- And that's because I'm pivoting,
not being on my weight.
- So if you shift all the way over
and then you pivot,
- You shift all the way over
and then you pivot,
- Then you know it's vastly better.
- So think all the way.
- So the Front Ochos can lead to a lot of cool things.
- So, for example.
- I was going to say, we taught this one in class but,
we didn't teach those in class.
- So we taught that last one in class today.
- And then also - well here,
a few more.
- I'll do some with a ballet bar
and I want you to imagine -
- You can do this with a counter as well.
- I'll talk more about that shortly.
- However - so you can imagine
that you step over.
- And you can do stuff.
- But the point is that, you can use this like
your kitchen counter too.
- But there's a right way to practice
using your kitchen counter.
- And if you use your kitchen counter,
here I'll show you on the other side
- If you leave your hand right here
and then you do your Ochos,
- Do you see how the hands
pull me off balance there?
- So you want to think you let your hands
slide with you.
- So you can practice at home. But make sure the hands slide
and they don't distort your body.
- So, on that note.