Teknik İpuçları - Easier Pivots
- Sanatçı adı:
- Zully Goldfarb
- ŞARKI ADI:
- Ciudad De Nostalgia
- Albüm Başlığı:
- Ciudad De Nostalgia
- Sanatçı Web Sitesi:
Complex tangos sung in both spanish and yiddish with great authenticity.From artist's website about one album: Tells the story of piringundines, from German cabaret to the Buenos Aires tango venue, and with the tango it will take us through a history of crossed destinies, and misunderstandings, love, and forget that we identifys as Argentinians.
- Some quick tips to make pivoting much easier.
- First, for the leaders, two things.
- One thing is sometimes the follower will get,
in some sense, stuck…
- ..either because the floor is very sticky or
just because of how she pivots.
- And, in either case, I want you to think
of two things.
- First thing is the way that you can stabilise in your hips,
because that will give you strength.
- D. So, if you watch my hips and I’m pivoting her and I’m doing this…
N. Strength, grrr.
- ..that’s a lot stronger than if I do this.
- And, you see this sort of loses the strength
in the hip.
- And then, you’ll also notice, if it’s a hard pivot,
I have an outrigger foot.
- So, for example if we’re doing front ochos
and we go…
- ..side, he changes - here I’ll cheat,
pivot, step, we’ll step...
- ..here, I pivot her leaving the foot out there
so I can stabilize myself.
- Number one.
- For the followers, as you pivot,
there’s a right way to help.
- And so, I don’t want you to help by doing this…
- I knew what he didn't want.
- D:Yes, that’s what you don't want to do.
N: I think I do a really good bad.
- So, instead as we’re going to pivot,
you’ll notice that I’m here and I’m saying…
- ..pivot and she’s not moving
and then it pivots.
- So, he goes us both.
- So, don’t help the wrong way.
- On the other hand, if you watch the foot,
and I’m the follower, if you pivot like this,…
- ..you see the whole flat of my foot is on the floor,
that’s a hard way to pivot.
- So, instead, I want you to think you pivot like this.
- So, there’s very little surface area of the foot.
- Now, you can tell he’s a scientist.
- The idea being that if there’s less surface area
there’s less friction...
- ..which I think is kind of cool and kind of crazy.
- But because - so it fits with the tango look,
which is that we’re always on the balls of our feet.
- But, it also makes it a lot easier to pivot because...
- ..we don’t have so much that has to rub
against the floor.
- The other thing is you can sometimes get stuck,
in some sense, if you have a sticky floor...
- ...and so, don’t try to go slowly.
If you sort of pop past that hard place...
- .., it becomes a lot easier.
- And that’s kind of confusing because
we say that the followers should not go...
- ..and that the leaders should go us…
- ..and most of the time that’s correct.
- But, what David's saying is that, in the very beginning,...
- ..we just give it a little bit of a fast start
in order to get it past that sticky place.
- Yes. So, for example, if this were a sticky floor,
we might go: and, pop, and then go on…
- ..or pop, and then go on,
and that will help you get past it.
- And this is something that the leaders
can do, as well.
- So, you can give the follower extra momentum.
- So, if I lead a slow ocho, it might be - and turn…
- But, if it’s a sticky floor, I’ll say, and turn.
- So, you see that “Ah” at the beginning.
- And so, this is something that both people can do.
- You can both do “Ah” and then go on.