İleri Seviyeli Elemanlar - Spinning Sit
- Sanatçı adı:
- Eugenia Leon
- ŞARKI ADI:
- Albüm Başlığı:
- Album unknown
- Sanatçı Web Sitesi:
One of our favorite singers of the modern day.
- This is a really fun one.
- So that was not teaching.
It was just demonstrating, which we do in class too.
- We show it first.
- Show it one more time and then he’ll explain
the magic behind it.
- And so, for the followers, there’s this moment of flying.
- N: Yeah, it's really fun.
D: Really fun.
- Hard on the leaders, wonderful for the followers;
exactly the way it’s supposed to be.
- So leaders, I’m going to show this step and
I want you to ignore the beginning.
- So there’s this beginning, ignore that.
There’s this ignore that.
- There’s this, ignore that.
- Right here, I’m on my left foot,
she’s on her right foot.
- That’s the sit that we just taught.
- So there’s this thing that happens
in front of the sit.
- So, before, you step side to the outside,
now you’re stepping on the inside.
- Before, you stepped here
with your left foot past her foot…
- ..or from this angle, actually better, here
with your left foot past her foot.
- And now, leaders are pivoting, and, followers,
you’re stepping in a circle around them.
- And the leaders: you see my left foot is
going inside, past her right foot.
- My left foot is going inside.
- And then, once we’re there, and in slow motion,
basically what happens is…
- ..I’m just going to pivot on my left foot,
until all of a sudden…
- ..I’m in the exact same position
that I would have been before.
- We open out. We sit.
- So, the fundamental idea is that the side step changes…
- ..It changes from this,
where you’re going outside her..
- ..to this, where you’re taking her outside you.
- But you need to end in that same final position
so we have a spin so that you end up outside.
- He makes it sound really easy, doesn’t he?
- And now, as you do that, you’ll see I cheat with right foot.
- So, if I do it without her, so you can see the feet…
- ..we’ve got this, I come up,...
- ...and you see how I put my right foot down
to stabilize as I pivot?
- And then I go back.
- So, really, you’re only doing a quarter turn on one foot...
- ..and then you’re putting your right foot down
to stabilize and then go back.
- For the followers, as you do this, I want you to think…
- ..and this is actually true for the leader.
- I want you both, I want you both to think, that, as you do this,
you help get the lady around on that first side step.
- So that first side step actually is half the turn.
- It’s one of those great steps where there’s
half a turn from the first side step…
- ..there’s a quarter of a turn where you’re actually
pivoting on one foot, for the leader…
- ..and then there’s another quarter turn
where the leader pivots on both feet.
- So, for the leaders, you don’t need incredible balance…
- ..but for this one brief split second of quarter turn,
as long as you have the first side step be larger.
- So, for the followers, notice – so I’m going to over lead her...
- I’m going to say "we’re going around",
but she also has to be willing to take a big side step there.
- And then we can, you know, get a fair amount around.
- Should we do it again?
- That was cool.