モメンタムで楽しむ - Int / Adv - Dodging The Bullet
- Orchestra Del Mar
- Milonga De Hoy
From cd baby: Beautiful adult voices, leading accordion and a warm strings trio are supported by a modern jazz rhythm section on Piazzolla, Gismonti and others south american highlights
- There maybe I was just a hair too early,
but not by much.
- But you could see why this is called dodging the bullet.
- So the followers, you're the bullet.
- You go streaming at the guys, bang.
- We've got to go straight for them.
- And actually it’s not straight.
It’s to the side.
- But you’re really going aggressively to the side…
- ..and then the leader, better from -
you know, let’s do it from this angle.
- So, if I’m here, and she’s going just to my left side…
- ..this would be this.
- No, keep going. Don’t stop.
- Yeah, so there’s that.
- And what’s going to happen is,
right at the very last minute as she does that…
- ..you’re going to pass by,
which is I think a lot of fun.
- Is there any way to show that in the foot camera?
- Uh, sure. What would be a good angle?
Let’s show from this angle.
- So you’re going to walk at me.
- Okay, and so if we break this step down,
in slow motion.
- That’s really fun.
- So we start out in a normal dance embrace.
- So, him on his right, her on her left.
- And from there, instead of facing her square,
I’m going to rotate…
- ..so we’re a little offset,
so she walks outside partner.
- One, two.
- Now, as we get to two,
I’m already starting to go across her.
- I shift faster so I can go across her,
as she steps through the space that I’m vacating.
- Normal dance embrace,
goes a little bit outside.
- Outside I go past.
- And then I pivot around on my right foot
and step past him.
- So, for the leaders, you’ve got:
actually you’re facing her and then you tilt…
- ..one, two. And on two, you’re going…
- ..and actually it's what? Your third step, as we’re stepping into it…
- You’re stepping to your left, rotating to your right,
so she goes through and around, as you step in place.
- And for the followers, as that’s happening...
- ..right here, as he steps to his left, collecting his feet…
- ..that’s going to pull you around,
in a side step around him, back to face.
- And then we go on, her back, him forward.
- N: You want to do it one more time?
D: Yes, let’s do it one more time.