語彙 - テイク2 - フォロワー - Basic
- A La Gran Muñeca
- It Takes Q To Tango
(From the website): Created in July, 2009 by Erskine Maytorena, a third generation tango musician and opera singer, QTANGO performs authentic Argentine tango arrangements as often as two to three times a week throughout the Southwest for tango dancers and listeners.
- So followers, now we're going to get to
the really good stuff…
- ..which not to say that the other stuff
- But this is the really good,
even better stuff.
- The technique, the hardcore minutia,
which enables everything.
- So the first thing I want you to be aware of,
followers, is that…
- ..I’m about to start and I shouldn’t start.
- ..that not all of the guys you dance with
will be completely perfect in all ways.
- It’s a horrible shocker. I know, guys.
- I’m sorry for sort of letting this out.
- So often times what will happen is
the leaders will wander away from you…
- ..and they don’t mean to,
it’s sort of accidental.
- So she’s going to dance just neutrally
and I’m going to do the wrong…
- ..so you can see
what I want you to be able to correct for.
- The first thing.
- Now I’m exaggerating a lot
so it’s easy to see…
- ..but you see instead of going forward,
straight at her, I’ve opened to my left.
- And we can’t let him get away with that,
- So as I open to my left,
she somehow just magically stays in front of me...
- ..so we’re still right here.
- And that wasn’t me.
- No I get all the credit.
- Absolutely. I mean I could have done...
- ..but I was doing the bad
so she could compensate for it.
- So what happens is I want you to sort of be
glued to your leader’s front.
- And so, imagine if I’m doing a basic and it’s here.
- And you see my arms holding my follower.
- If I do this, wandering around,
she’s followed with me because she’s inside my arms.
- But a lot of leaders won’t hold you tight enough.
- But I want you to be aware of the facing of his torso
so you stay in front of that.
- So as i step side,
if I don’t go forward straight to you…
- ..but I go forward, sort of away from you,
you can pivot a little bit...
- ..and reach further with you left foot.
- So watch that.
- Right, so we stay with our chest
as much in front of his chest as we can.
- So even though I curved away
and I didn’t lead that particularly well...
- ..I was deliberately doing it badly.
- She curved around to stay in front of me.
And you can do that on every step.
- If the leader keeps going away from you,
you keep staying in front of him...
- ..wherever that is.
- N: Yes I do that good.
D: Yes you do. You do.
- And so then she’s staying in front of me
by gluing herself to my torso...
- ..reaching further with her left side
to try and stay in front.
- That number 1. Number 2.
- As we go into the cross, to make it easier,
I want you to imagine the foot can just slot in.
- So you’ll see…
- ..that her foot can just slides in.
There’s nothing excess.
- Now the next thing is after he crosses you...
- ..I want you to be aware that you shift
all the way forward over the ball of the foot...
- ..and then you roll the heel down
as you go back.
- One of the, maybe joys and pains of the cross is
how it’s sort of unnatural.
- And so a lot of the technique in this chapter
has been about…
- ..making this unnatural thing natural.
- And it really is beautiful
once you find this dynamic of...
- ..really going over the ball of the left foot
and using that.