Ganchos, boleos y puntapiés - Intermedio - Kick Between The Legs, Back Boleo
- Nombre del artista:
- Momo Smitt
- Título de canción:
- Dance With The Weight Of The World
- Título del álbum:
- Tango World
- Sitio Web del artista:
From website: My Name is Momo Smitt, I am an independently funded/promoted hip hop artist based in Portland, OR. My music covers a wide range of topics from recovery and personal growth to political and environmental issues. Though much of my music is expressed from a first person perspective of opinions and feelings, I also tend to take a narrative, story-telling approach while detailing my experiences through the role of "observer".
- So this combination combines kicks between the legs with
boleos both front and back.
- And it’s kind of kooky and it’s kind of fun.
- So the first boleo, you know. Bang.
- First kick between the legs,
I’m going to throw it…
- ..and I’ll bring her back and stop.
- And as I bring her back, I’ll actually throw it forward.
- So it goes, throw her out for the boleo.
Bring her back, stop.
- So you see how I accelerate and stop
as I’m bringing her to face me.
- And it stops with her -
actually so what would happen…
- ..I throw, I’ll bring her back to me
and I’ll give her a small chip...
- ..like locking into place.
- And that would correspond for the ladies with -
- And then here he’ll bring your body back
just a little.
- There are other ways of leading this,
but I think that’s a more natural way.
- So now did we show that in the best angle before,
when we did it?
- Yes we showed it at a good angle.
We can show it here too.
- For the followers…
- I’m the leader now, Grr.
- Thank you.
- Here’s the throw.
- Remember to bring your feet in tight
and then when he stops you, bang...
- ..pulling the body back and stopping sharply…
- ..that momentum has to go somewhere,
so it goes down into your free leg.
- Again, same thing, repeat.
- Now here, for the leaders, are going to just take you
more around instead of stopping…
- ..and watch how my left foot,
escapes past my right…
- ..so I can grab that kick there.
- Then we’ll make the transition more natural.