Adornos - Toma 2 - Beats As Embellishments
- Nombre del artista:
- Mandragora Tango
- Título de canción:
- Haciendose La Del Zamora
- Título del álbum:
- Let's Have Dinner And Go Dancing
- Sitio Web del artista:
From website: Mandrágora Tango is a tango band headed by bandoneonist Bob Barnes and guitarist Scott Mateo Davies, 2 Minneapolis-based musicians who are wildly passionate about tango. We have been playing tango for dancing and listening since 2001 and we are still going strong. We've played in over 40 cities all over the United States.
- As I do this basic, she can interrupt.
- Or, not interrupt, rather, she can insert a beat in a way, that doesn't interrupt my flow.
- And that's... We've been doing the same beat. Actually, let me take off a shoe for you so you can see my foot better.
- And so, when you see this bang. There's one bang, that goes here.
- And it's about the shins hitting each other. Legs are tiniest bit turned out in the knees. Tiny-tiny bit. Thighs are tight.
- So, there's that one bang. If you see from this angle, you'll see it crosses over.
- You can beat in front, sometimes. So, for example, if you stepped back, you can go beat, and then come around.
- In slow motion, that beat goes here. Notice, I'm not sickled.
- The... How do I say this? The ankles everted.
- It comes in, accents the top, then escapes out.
- But it happens very fast. Right? So... Because you don't want to interrupt the leader's motion.
- So, we can have a bang here, a beat here. If you're going forward, or pivoting,
- It's very natural to do a beat behind. Bang.
- Don't the men do that, sometimes, when they change weight in the basic?
- Yes, yes. So, as a leader... Let me get that shoe again.
- As a leader, you can embellish too.
- D: So...
N: So, let's do that. Let's do the basic. And I won't do anything but the normal. And you do that. 'Cause it looks kind of cool.
- D: So, for example, you might go: side;
N: Right here.
D: Hit; change. Or, hit; cross, as you like.
- And now, I have to say, that we don't want to do this every single time we do anything.
- I said it.
- D: You can imagine, there's this excruciatingly beautiful music playing. "Daaaa", and you're busy going, "bing-a-a-a".
- So, if you do an embellishment - pick it, do it.
- So that it fits in with the communication with the leader or the follower, and the music.